Old 04-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
Yeah, I thought about digging down and teeing into the plastic pipe. Will need to check into that and probe around a bit in the yard.
Thanks for all the ideas folks.

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." -- Frank Zappa
tlavergne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #16
Wise Elder
2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
In general it is far less work to T into the existing drain line.

You might want to check local codes since some jurisdictions have all kinds of rules about septic systems.

Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #17
Figment of My Imagination
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Most tanks have multiple openings high on the side that a 4 inch pipe can go in.. You could also T into the line from the house with a riser to dump in.
Shouldn't need to go that far. I have yet to see a sewer installation that doesn't include at least one cleanout plug between the house and the tank, usually close to the house foundation. Find the cleanout plug, remove the cap, and dump there. Cap it again when you're done. If you're using a macerator pump, you won't be discharging all the time, only when the holding tanks get close to full, so you don't need to keep it permanently connected to the cleanout plug.

If you go with a macerator pump, insert a "Y" fitting upstream of the pump, so you can run both your blackwater and graywater tanks to it. Discharge the black tank first, then the gray tank to rinse the line. Also, use a clear discharge line, so you can see when you're done pumping; macerator pumps overheat easily if you run them dry for too long.
WBCCI #1105

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
I lived in my Overlander for 2 years while renovating an old bungalow. The septic had I believe, a 4" pvc clean out next to the house. I took the standard screw in cap off, drilled a hole in it and glued in a pvc 90 degree elbow with threads for a garden hose. I connected that to the cap on my trailer and let the gray water flow on a regular basis. When it was time to dump the black tanks, I simply hooked up my macerator between the trailer and the garden hose, and in 10 minutes everything was emptied. Pretty simple. Not messy at all. Macerators are great.
My 77 Sovereign Renovation
Out in the woods, or in the city, It's all the same to me.
When I'm drivin' free, the world's my home....When I'm mobile.

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member
1978 28' Ambassador
Kenton , Ohio
I have a sewer solution and won't be pumping uphill so yeah, the line into the septic sure doesn't need to be very big.

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." -- Frank Zappa
tlavergne is offline   Reply With Quote