Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
I hate hate our micropulse

I think I will ask JC for this upgrade - how much did they charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Gee, when I talked to Randy at JC he said that he hadn't had any complaints about Micropulse. He did however authorize a complete change of all sensors and head unit on our 2014 25ft.
Supposedly everything works now. I will report on our upcoming trip.

George

Old 10-31-2014, 06:12 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
I found the Garnett SeeLevel monitors well designed. I found the company very helpful with trouble shooting a voltage ripple problem caused my my 20 year old converter making my SeeLevel monitor erratic. I would highly recommend the SeeLevel tank monitors. Here is a picture of the stick on circuits I applied to my new Trade Wind waste water tanks.

Neat system.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404 Waste Tanks See Level Senders.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	225426  

Old 11-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Erie , Colorado
Here's a photo of the fresh water side where the factory installed my FW sensor. The black/grey tanks had to be dropped so the sensors on those were installed while they were fixing the black tank sprayer.

Name:	IMG_1273.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	225523
ProPride
NØVPN
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Apply SeeLevel sender from inside?

Here is a picture of the curb side of my fresh water tank. I took this picture by reaching my camera back past my water pump, pipes, and heat duct, while in the center aisle of my trailer. This is on a 2013 25FB Flying Cloud.

With this amount of room and limited access, could the sender be properly attached from inside? Does it just still on with adhesive? Do you have to apply adhesive to the tank side, the sender side, or both?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FWTank.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	225525  
Old 11-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeikle View Post
Gee, when I talked to Randy at JC he said that he hadn't had any complaints about Micropulse. He did however authorize a complete change of all sensors and head unit on our 2014 25ft.

George
Not sure you should believe everything they say...
Micro pulse problems are well known there. I believe that I remember that someone here on the forums successfully campaigned for a replacement of their MicroPulse with the SeeLevel system. I would wager that it is a squeaky wheel situation...
Bruce
Old 11-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
Excellent picture of the fresh water patch. Tells me exactly where to make the cut.

Gary, if you could be so kind, would you also post a picture showing how Airstream fashioned a bezel for the monitor? I believe that the monitor is a bit smaller than the MicroPulse unit.

Another item which has me still trying to figure out. See Level says to keep the sensors away from metal, at least 2". The waste tanks have a metal pan, so putting the sensor on the outside perimeter of the wast tanks would put the sensors close to the metal pan, most likely less than the suggested 2". I would guess that one could alleviate this issue by cutting an opening in the metal pan where the sensors go and patching the opening with a non-metallic material. Thoughts anyone?

Greg
Old 11-01-2014, 07:54 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
SSquared, thanks for the picture. I thought about going from the inside after Airstream suggested that as an alternative. But I would have to remove the wardrobe floor, water pump and water pump support to get any type of working clearance in my model. Other models may be more lucky in this regard, such as Bruce B with his Bambi.

The sensor has the adhesive on it. You remove paper from the sensor to reveal the adhesive and then press the sensor to the tank. Think of peeling the backing off of a paper mailing label. One cannot slide the sensor into place once the adhesive is revealed, it must be pressed on perpendicular to the tank wall. And you only get one shot to do it.

Greg
Old 11-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1966 24' Tradewind
Conifer , Colorado
I think it would be tough to position a SeeLevel sensor circuit in such tight confines. The 3M adhesive is very sticky. You only get one shot at positioning the circuit. You must cut the circuit to fit your tank height. And there are two wire connections to make.

My sensors are mounted close to the frame rail. The instructions say to insulate the sensors from metal. I used 3/16 rubber sheeting. It is working so far.

SeeLevel requires a very good ground plane, like less than 8 ohms resistance from the instrument ground wire to the DC frame ground bolt. SeeLevel wants an exclusive ground wire to the ground bolt. Mine was okay as I had cleaned the frame during my floor rot replacement project. Made a nice, shinny, tight ground.

Here are a couple of my photos for what they are worth.

David
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1404 Waste Tanks See Level Rubber Insulation.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	225532   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404 Waste Tanks See Level Display.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	225533  

Old 04-03-2015, 08:35 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
Greg,

Have you tackled the replacement project yet? Please post photos and lessons learned. I'll be next in line to replace the micropulse on my 27FB.

Just finished boondocking for a few days and being really stingy on water only to discover upon leaving and draining the fresh, must have had 15 gallons left over. The whole time micropulse was blinking red empty. Would have liked a nice shower instead.

Kurt
Old 04-03-2015, 08:50 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Our SeeLevel monitor is mounted above the ship's clock (see my avatar). The wires harness to the MicroPulse system was intercepted and spliced into for the SeeLevel system. We put a nice hickory cover board over the MicroPulse hole for a future sign which will also be steel for magnetic note/receipe holders.

We installed the senders low on the fresh water tank and high on the black and gray. I do not see a level change from full in the fresh water tank after getting 10 gallons out for the refresh water for the black and gray water tanks (5 gallons each) when at the storage unit. But it is about spot on when the fresh water is low.

We have yet to test the "limits" of the grey and back water tanks.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Did you have to drop the waste and water tanks to install the sensor on the side of the tanks, or did you cut access panels out of the waste and water tank covers under the Airstream?

Were you able to use the existing telephone wiring?

This project is on my wish list for my 2008 Classic 25fb

Kelvin
Old 04-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandttimes View Post

George
As reported elsewhere, after a complete fail of my system 3 days into my last trip, Midtown RV, campaigned on my behalf ( Thankyou Brenna) to have A/S replace my system under warranty on my 2014 25FB Int.
The tech who did the install is on these forums as FIXXXER. He is also a vintage A/S owner and well versed in RV repair. He explained to me that there is a system in place at A/S for the replacement of the Micropulse whereby on some models holes do not have to be cut in the belly pan.
All I can say is Finally, I can boondock and know what my levels are. The battery monitor even shows the same level as my Trimetric.

George
Old 04-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
Sorry for delayed response. Ma Airforums account was locked out due to "suspicious acrivity"

I have not yet addressed installing the new SeeLevel system but will be attemping to do so before the end of May.

I will fully document once i have completed.

Greg