Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
1970 27' Overlander
Boerne , Texas
re-routing waste valves

I am working on rerouting my waste system on my 1973 Safari. The original waste valves emptied straight downward in the back of the trailer (black tank sits on top of the floor in the very back of the trailer). I would rather not have to get down on my hands and knees at the dump station to dump.

I would like to reroute the system to empty at the street side. I have purchased a bend collector with hub outlet - below are some pics. The grey tank piping will connect into this with valve at the connection. The new waste valve will be between the tank and hub collector as show in the pic - the handle will pull out into the bumper trunk as will the grey valve.

I am thinking I will need to have the bayonet fitting under the frame rail on the street side. I have seen this on other trailers - so I do not think clearance will be a problem. I may also consider cutting into the lower aspect of the frame rail just under the belly pan to fit the pipe.

Any comments/hints/suggestions to this plan?
Thanks,
Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	back view with handle.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	288760   Click image for larger version

Name:	pointed toward teh front.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	288761