Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
 
bullydogsmom's Avatar
 
1972 25' Tradewind
old mystic , Connecticut
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 320
Question about blackwater tank

What size is the blackwater tank on a 72 tradewind? Do you find it is large enough for 2 people for 3 -5 days? We also need to replace the tank, another thing with a crack in it, anyone replaced theirs? Where can I find one?I know I saw them on the internet somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find them again.It's an odd shape of course, has a round back to fit up against the wall.

Thanks, Annette
__________________

__________________
bullydogsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar
 
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,127
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
Your tank should be the same as my 75. There are two of us and we have gone 5 days without filling the tank. I think the size is around 15 gallons.
__________________

__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Mexray's Avatar
 
1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,583
Have you tried Vintage Trailer Supply or Inland RV?
__________________
Ray & Pat; Morada, CA
Mexray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
utee94's Avatar
 
1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,636
Inca Plastics is another source that some on the Forums have used. You could do a Search in the forum for tanks and such, here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f444/

Good luck!
-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullydogsmom View Post
What size is the blackwater tank on a 72 tradewind? Do you find it is large enough for 2 people for 3 -5 days? We also need to replace the tank, another thing with a crack in it, anyone replaced theirs? Where can I find one?I know I saw them on the internet somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find them again.It's an odd shape of course, has a round back to fit up against the wall.

Thanks, Annette
We have that tank made with fiberglass, for far better longevity.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member
 
bullydogsmom's Avatar
 
1972 25' Tradewind
old mystic , Connecticut
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 320
Andy, I just called your business at 3 oclock about a fresh water tank, ya needed of of those too. The tank price was great, it was the boxing shipping and handling that drove the price up to almost 500. I took a deep breath and order it. I think that is enough sticker shock for this week. I'll call next week and order the blackwater one.
Annette
__________________
bullydogsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
richinny's Avatar
 
2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,122
you might save some money shipping them together.
__________________
Ricky
2012 F150 Super Crew 5-1/2' bed Ecoboost 4x4 3.73 elec. lock diff. Propride hitch
give life. kidney & pancreas transplant 9/9/06
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member
 
bullydogsmom's Avatar
 
1972 25' Tradewind
old mystic , Connecticut
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 320
richinny, I doubt it the gal said it was 40 something for shipping and the rest was to handling and building a box. The tank itself was 340.

Annette
__________________
bullydogsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullydogsmom View Post
richinny, I doubt it the gal said it was 40 something for shipping and the rest was to handling and building a box. The tank itself was 340.

Annette
Hi Annette.

Unfortunately, packaging is a must, or it cannot be shipped.

Then shipping is a story all unto itself.

We are all at the mercy of the freight lines, and all we can do, is sit together, enjoying a cold one or two, and harp about the freight companies.

We are indeed sorry, but there is nothing that you and I can do to avoid it.

Regards.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #10
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,193
I can attest that the boxes they build will withstand virtually everything the shipper can throw at it. I also can suggest cutting the box so the biggest parts are flat, and using them as a creeper to slide under the trailer to aid the install.
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #11
Rivet Master
 
Lothlorian's Avatar
 
1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,733
Annette:

Did you see the post I made on your other thread? Inca plastics will give you a great deal.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f125...y-43744-2.html

I think I paid only $165.00 for my tank, but since it is made of plastic and plastic is made from oil I am sure the price has gone up with shipping. I bought my tank early spring 2008.

I built my black box that holds the tank by myself for $35.00 but If I had to do it over again I would let a sheet metal fabricator do it. They were going to charge me $80.00. If you do not know how to locate one just call your local Air Conditioning contractor. They use them all the time.

SIU Bound

Brian
__________________
Lothlorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #12
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIU Bound View Post
Annette:

Did you see the post I made on your other thread? Inca plastics will give you a great deal.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f125...y-43744-2.html

I think I paid only $165.00 for my tank, but since it is made of plastic and plastic is made from oil I am sure the price has gone up with shipping. I bought my tank early spring 2008.

I built my black box that holds the tank by myself for $35.00 but If I had to do it over again I would let a sheet metal fabricator do it. They were going to charge me $80.00. If you do not know how to locate one just call your local Air Conditioning contractor. They use them all the time.

SIU Bound

Brian
There is a huge difference between a "fresh water tank" and a "black water tank".

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:40 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member
 
bullydogsmom's Avatar
 
1972 25' Tradewind
old mystic , Connecticut
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 320
Brian,

They are my list to call today. Thanks.

Annette
__________________

__________________
bullydogsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blackwater tank flange bilby05 Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 20 10-31-2014 10:40 AM
New Blackwater tank Tom Bray Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 5 07-10-2008 08:24 AM
Blackwater tank repair tbrom Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 17 07-18-2007 07:11 AM
Bypassing Blackwater Tank westeagle Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 3 03-19-2004 07:35 PM
'52 blackwater tank Cruiser Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 1 09-01-2003 09:28 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.