Old 10-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #15
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntxtrm View Post
You have been a great help! I will try that. But I fear if i unhook my sewer hose, the worst will happen. Is there a way to snake it?
You saw what happened to Robin Williams in the movie "RV" when he opened his valve? LOL

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Cleburne , Texas
removed a cover inside the rear bumper, i can see the valve. It is made into like "T" shape. It has a large hole in top, i assume that comes in from the tank. 1-1/2" line coming in from the left and right. one i believe is a vent, the other is grey water. still no flow on line.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Cleburne , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping View Post
If someone can tell the OP where the the toilet tank outlet is in relation to him standing in front of the throne. Why can't he then run a "Snake" down the line?

Attacking this from the valve end seems like it would end messily.

That's why i keep avoiding those ideas! LOL, Gotta be a cleaner way.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Cleburne , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Goose View Post
Is water still standing in the shower? Hopefully it has drained down. Looking through the toilet flap valve, do you see liquid in the tank? Can you close the dump valve as things are now?

If I understand how your sewer is plumbed, the toilet sits atop the BW tank. The outlet has a single dump valve leading to the outlet pipe. The drain line from the sinks/shower enter the outlet pipe downstream from the dump valve. It really sounds like when you started to dump, a clog of material formed somewhere beyond the junction of the shower drain line forcing the liquid and smaller stuff to back up into the shower until it equalized with the level in the BW tank.

If you can close the dump valve you have a chance of minimizing the mess on the ground. Place a bucket under the outlet to catch whatever may come out and disconnect the slinky. Confirm that your slinky is clear of any obstructions, then see of you can clear the obstruction between the outlet and valve.

You might want to make a run over to Camping World on I-35 just south of Forth Worth, assuming you are in Cleburne. They carry these things:

You may need a Valterra/Thetford adapter if it doesn't fit on your outlet pipe. This gadget will allow you to blast water back up into the dump valve to flush the tank and the outlet. Just keep an eye on the shower to be sure you don't overflow it.

Brown in the shower is still holding steady. Im not in Cleburne at the moment, im in an rv park in Odessa, Texas.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntxtrm
... Could the valve by disconnected from the handle, somehow? ...
That is a possibility. The Tee handle is connected to a metal rod that is either threaded or molded into the blade or operating part of the valve. If it broke in the open position, it would be a matter of gaining access and replacing the valve assy. If it broke in the closed position, well... I try not to think about those things.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Cleburne , Texas
That would be my luck! But, it looks like the valve is made like you said before. grey water enters downstream of the valve. Or does the shower itself drain into the waste tank like the toilet?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
If the dump valve is closed there is no way for the black water to back up into the shower. The only way is for the dump valve to be open and a there is a blockage downstream of the dump valve and where the shower drain comes into the line.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Cleburne , Texas
another symptom that might help you all help me. when i run water into the bath sink, you can see toilet paper push up into the shower.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Cleburne , Texas
Also when i run water into the toilet. Which makes no sense to me. If the grey water drains below the vavle, then how is that possible if the vavle is stuck shut? Gott to be something stuck right at the outlet? My luck previals again, i fear?
Old 10-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Shower does not drain into black water tank.

Toilet paper coming into the shower is from a blockage downstream of both the dump valve and the grey water T.

What is happening is since the shower drain is lower than the level in the black water tank it flows out of the shower drain because there is a blockage past the point where the lines come together.

This is probably good news because a blockage usually can be cleared, but changing a dump valve is a lot of work.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntxtrm View Post
Also when i run water into the toilet. Which makes no sense to me. If the grey water drains below the vavle, then how is that possible if the vavle is stuck shut? Gott to be something stuck right at the outlet? My luck previals again, i fear?
The dump valve has nothing to do with the grey water discharge. Other than a cap you close the discharge outlet with for travel, grey water is directly discharged similar to rain gutters on a roof.

If the dump valve is stuck ****, oops I mean shut, no way for #2 to get in your shower. If it is stuck it is stuck open or partially blocked.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
1968 22' Safari
Sacramento , California
septic pump out

I would suggest that you call a septic pump out company, like the ones that rent the blue rooms, to flush and pump out your tank. They will be able to empty your tank through your toilet inlet. Once you get your tank emptied a valve replace or rebuild would be possible.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Cleburne , Texas
Im not understanding, i guess. I dont see another drain anywhere to cap. All there is, is one drain. And it comes straight down, directly out of the dump valve. T'd off to the left and right just below the dump valve are 2 1-1/2" lines. I dont understand where else the fluids could go. And if toilet paper is coming up in the shower, when i put water in the toilet? It seems to me, it should drain out of there. There is only about 2" of fluid in the tank under the toilet. This is the first time I have ever had this problem with an rv, and it just makes no sense how it is plumbed to me.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Cleburne , Texas
I am going to Put a small wire through the hose up into the dump valve to see if it is opened. Maybe I wont get too much poo on me. Keep your fingers crossed! Ill wash mine well when im done. Ill let yall know the outcome.