Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Lopez Island , Washington
Plumbing for "Stinky Slinky"

Our '71 Tradewind has a composting toilet, and hence no black tank. When I reworking the gray water drain plumbing, I just stubbed out a 1.5" female threaded ABS connector, which allowed me to (loosely) attach the existing slinky for leading the gray water downhill at our place in the San Juan Islands. This also works fine for national parks, since we just drain into a 5 gallon bucket. However, I noticed that we don't have the right plumbing for RV parks when we overnighted at the Boomtown KOA on the way to Burning Man. What sort of adapter should I fit to permit an airtight connection to modern RV camp sewer connections?

Thanks -

- Bart
barts is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)