Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
city , N/A
Send a message via AIM to cooney Send a message via Yahoo to cooney
No Fuss Flush Constipated

Greetings:

Our 2008 Safari 27FB is equipped with a No Fuss Flush, which is not functioning as it should.

My black water dump usually includes a partial refill of the BW tank after the initial dump to give it a hefty flush. For this I use the No Fuss with the tank closed, and fill it to one third or perhaps one half. This used to take five to ten minutes, but now the NFF seemingly is clogged; it took over 1 and a half hours to fill it to around one half. Also, the sound of the water going into the tank is muted, rather like a hum or whistle. When I remove the hose from the fitting, with the water off, there is a substantial backlog of pressure, with water squirting out.

Any experiences out there? Fixes? Ideas?

All the Best..... Jeff
cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
It sounds like you've diagnosed the problem.

One of the times I was at the factory service center, the tech I talked to said that this was one of their big service items.

If your unit is still under warranty, I'd probably get it repaired, otherwise I'd get a Flush King.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
city , N/A
Send a message via AIM to cooney Send a message via Yahoo to cooney
Greetings Dennis and 2Air....

I forgot how shallow those tanks are. So obviously they must be full as possible to flush. I have to make a jaunt into Tucson, so I'll pick up a Flush King. We are under warrantee for another six months, but why fix the blasted thing if it's likely to just clog again. And I'm still experimenting with chemical txs for the tank(s). Any recommendations?

Again, thanks for all your help.... J C
cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Cooney,
We experienced the same thing exactly. We now use a Flush King and it's so fast and easy that even if the "no fuss flush" was in perfect working order we wouldn't use it. The ability to flush the gray water tank and the dump hose is a real plus.
We use the "Odorloss" packets for odor and enzyme control and they seem to work well.
Happy flushing.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I don't think the tank valve is to be closed when the no fuss is in operation. I've used mine for about 4 years now this way and so far no issues. When I get home, I fill the black tank and gray from the fresh faucets then give them a proper flush as I don't believe anything but a fill and dump can really get all the stuff out.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Ever since I saw this post: Black Tank Flush, I have been careful about not turning on the water a full force at dump stations into the No Fluss Flush system and have not had problems... yet.
SilverGate is offline   Reply With Quote