Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #15

1993 29' Excella
Wasaga Beach , Ontario
Questions re FLUSH KING by VALTERA

When talking with RV parts dealers they suggested that the distance the water had to travel in my trailer (29 Excella, right hand toilet location - not road side) it was unlikely that the water would get to the tank and be effective in 'clearing out' the junk within. Do you have any comment on this as I would love to be able to avoid draging a hose in the trailer and spraying directly, via a long tube with 90 degree elbow, into the black water tank. ideas please. Thanks, Dave Morrison

Old 11-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Camping World carries a short hose and wandthat gets connected to the vanity sink faucet by removing the aerator and replacing it with an adaptor. Sal

TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
I just tried my black flush system for the first time today and got water flooding the floor between the shower and bathroom on my 2008 Classic 25FB. I don't think the previous owner ever used it. I took the water pump access panel out in the wardrobe next to the shower and the its wet down there. Water was pouring down from around the first holding tank. I forgot to open the dump valve but the tank was pretty empty and I wanted to fill it up 1/2 way before dumping. I guess I should've had the valve open. Did not having the dump valve open cause this?

Kelvin
Old 04-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I doubt it. I think it is the clear anti-siphon valve in the Black flush line. I should be mounted on the exterior wall (maybe) near the black flush garden hose attachment. follow the line till you find it.

I eliminated mine and plumbed a straight line to the spray head. They are a pretty common failure item.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
I detached the fitting from the outside and pull tugging on the the white hard hoses in the wardrobe access I found that line and sure enough the valve had broken off at the output and sprayed the inside behind the shower. Luckily there wasn't a too much of a mess and I was able to dry it out by mopping with paper towels. I removed the fiberglass insulation that was soaked and will replace it. So all you did was get a short 1/2" threaded pipe and screw the two hoses together?

With out the check valve in place what are the disadvantages?

Why do these break? I think mine just rests between the shower wall and the AS interior wall and I guess it must bang against the sides during travel. Maybe water stays in the output check valve and then freezes. Might have to blow air through the fitting.

This part is impossible to find online. I may just join the hoses together.

Thanks

Kelvin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Siphon Valve.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	504.8 KB
ID:	183886  
Old 04-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Eliminate it. It is only made by a small business.....like real small......I looked and looked, and when I finally got a hold of a guy, he said get rid of it? My understanding is it is code for the manufacturer, but not really needed. The only way you could possibly get black water back to the hose, would be if you over filled with the sprayer...not necessary nor effective to fill the tank with the cleaner. In addition, there is another small check valve in the hose connector.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 04-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
I've emailed Lakeview RV supply and asked them if any improvements have be made and he just no in the email and asked me to call him. The two water lines in my 25fb rise up behind the shower. They are flexible enough to bend them and the shower lines slightly to clear the valve from the wardrobe floor framing to the access hatch in the bottom of the closet. I would imagine when the valve is in its normal position in the cavity between the shower stall wall and the AS wall it must take a pounding when the trailer is in tow. Maybe that is why they fail all the time? Maybe wrapping it in some foam with tie wraps would help but then it would be much harder to push it back into the cavity.

I think I'll stick to the the elbow that I installed. See my post in this other thread
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f444...ml#post1289269

Kelvin
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Kelvin, Mine didn't break like the one in the pic upstream. The poppet style valve leaked and water would shoot up into the umbrella and then down to the floor. They are just CHEAP pieces with zero quality control on clearances and tolerances. I have had NO problem in 2.5 years with a "patch" and no valve in place.