Old 02-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Hellsbay, Moosetags is right. The sewer solution uses a water hose connection to spray water into the dump hose to "mascerate" it with water pressure as it is draining. It also allows you to switch the jet of water back into the tank to rinse it out. Our new ASs also have a flush hose connection to run rinse water through. I brought extra hose and a "y" valve so I could hook up both water hoses...one to sewer solution, and one to the flush inlet. However, the sewer solution worked so well that I didn't bother with the second water hose. So I had the sewer solution hose and one water hose only. Once all the brown water and tp drained out and water ran clear, I swiveled the jet into the tank for a few seconds, then more brown water came out. I had the water full on so it was a strong blast. I did this several times until I could not get anything out but clear water. Eventually I will probably hook to the flush inlet also, but for now this seemed to do the job. I have only used the toilet a total of 5 days so far.

It is worth it to tackle this chore and enjoy your trailer to the fullest. It was sooo convenient to have a nice clean bathroom at my disposal, and not have to trek to the campground facilities for bathroom and shower needs. And I never noticed any odor the entire time. Even tho I had city water available I only used water from my fresh water tank. (Of course I use yet another white hose for filling the fresh water tank.) That way when I ran out of water, I knew the gray/black tank was 2 gallons away from being full, so I flushed it. Very convenient. The tank monitor is worthless in my opinion. Most of the time it didn't even read the tank, and when the light came on it was obviously in error (reading full after the tank was completely emptied).

I think having my own bathroom is the best convenience of the AS. Cleanout is not that bad. Don't give up this feature out of fear. The nice china toilet is large and comfortable. Don't forget your reading material.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 AM   #58
2 Rivet Member

2009 16' DWR
Venice , Florida
Thanks for the help. I will give the head a try and see what dumping is all about.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #59
4 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
San Bernardino , California
Here's a pic of my setup at the beach recently. I didn't even hook up until I had used up my freshwater. Then I dumped the black/gray tank and left the sewer solution connected, but closed the valve on the trailer. 2 days later, before I departed, I cleaned it one more time, thoroughly, and put away the hoses when I was leaving the park.

The black hose is just a garden hose I use only for the dump tank flush. It is connected to the sewer solution at the Valtrec valve on the trailer, thru an anti-back flush connector with shut-off valve (supplied with the sewer solution kit). As you can see, the green sewer solution hose is about the size of a garden hose. It seems very sturdy, and is clear between those green stripes, so you can see the water going through. There are no folds (as in the stinky slinky) to get residue trapped in, or to crack and break later. I am told that can be a very unpleasant experience.

The sewer end (shown in the picture) is actually a two piece collar, in case the sewer hole is smaller. I had to use both pieces to fit this hole. The heavy iron lid was strong enough to keep it on tight for the 3 days I had it connected. I might buy some extra collars. They are like a heavier foam rubber, and seem like the only part of the system that might wear out in a short time.

Sorry I didn't take a pic at the trailer end, but this view is the one I could never find online, so thought it might be more useful for newbies (like me).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	052.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	430.6 KB
ID:	151738  
Old 02-23-2012, 04:22 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
The big curl you have in the SS drain line is something you could never have in a normal sewer drain line. People have been known to spend some time getting the right drain line slope to the drain. With the SS you just drop it and connect it. The system "pumps" the stuff down the line. You can ride a bike over the SS, the others would split open. The system works.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Moosetags: Maybe you already clarified this, but do you have a back-flow preventer in that fresh water connection? I'd be concerned about contamination.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #62

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
Moosetags: Maybe you already clarified this, but do you have a back-flow preventer in that fresh water connection? I'd be concerned about contamination.
Yes, a back-flow preventer is a standard part of the Sewer Solution system.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #63
2 Rivet Member

2009 16' DWR
Venice , Florida
Thanks for the picture, (worth a thousand words), Rich. Between you and Moosetags, I think I got this. I definitely looks like a better solution to dumping. Yesterday I backed up to my AS, where it has been since I brought it home, and practiced hooking up to the Hensley Cub. It was a piece of cake. Everyone I spoke with said it would be difficult and that there was a learning curve. With the backup camera that provides a small picture in my rearview mirror, it couldn't have been easier. I was able to do it the first time by myself with no spotters.

Now all I need to do is take a trip, maybe down to the Everglades or the Keys.