Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
Micro-pulse cut wires???

So... I like to take things apart to see how they work... popped off the micro-pulse controller, and there was a flash of spark behind it...

On one switch... I think the water pump switch... there was a 6 inch long piece of green wire that was cut and left bare-end. I took it off in the photo. Anyone know what the third pole of that switch was supposed to go to? The water pump works...

Part two... there is a section of what looks like 4 conductor phone wire just cut off and left with no end (the blue wire in the pic...) I'm just guessing that there was a problem with a tank, or sensor, and someone replaced one of the 'phone cords'. Why would they cut the end though... and why not pull the old wire? I would have used the old wire to pull a new one through...

Any thoughts? I'm more worried about the green switch wire going to nowhere (and I think what created the spark)... I know... power off... but I wasn't expecting bare wires!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010356.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	140016   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010357.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	140017  

Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I think I removed the green wire or protected the end on mine. [don't remember] I believe that the green wire is for units that have a water pump switch in the bathroom. [mine doesn't] So the green wire does nothing. As for the phone cords, You should have one for each of your tanks. [fresh, black, and grey] Some trailers have propane sensors, mine doesn't, but mine doesn't have a place to plug in or have propane marked on the monitor cover.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
I've got Fresh, Black, and Grey on the panel, and a cord running to each... I haven't used the water yet, but they seem to be reporting two empty waste tanks and 1/8 tank of fresh water.

I put the green wire back on with a Marette, and put one on the phone wire as well...

I wish I had the build manual for it... I had one for my Basecamp and it made troubleshooting a lot easier...
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote