Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2005, 06:53 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Reusing wash water would work well if only the shower and bath sink went into the wash tank and not the kitchen. Alot less flilter changing especially if a sump filter is on the input line in the wash tank. I wouldn't connect into the fresh water side. Why take the chance of contaminating the system with bacteria that swim up stream when you can just run the shower to charge the wash tank if empty. In considering this the tank sizes switch from a larger wash tank and smaller black tank to using a larger black tank and smaller wash tank. I'm looking at two 35 gallon tanks or a 35 and a 55. Now 55 gallon is alot of black water and you don't want to screw up. A wye value to enable direct transfer from the wash to the black should it fill and for rinsing the black when dumping is also include in the current design. Electric mascerator head and mascerator pump for emptying the black tank with a one inch hose. Finding the one inch hose and hardware is presenting a challenge.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:08 AM   #22
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
we've installed a macerator on Vintage Thunder in the past two weeks. I'm doing some testing now to see what it's good for, and how well it works. I'll post updates on the blog in a while. http://www.airstreamlife.com/vintage...underblog.html

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:23 AM   #23
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
RE the Sewer Solutions - Is there an issue with connecting to our famous (infamous) Thetford - or is it Valterra - connections? Anyway, whatever our non-standard fitting is - can the Sewer Solutions rig work out of the box, or do we need to find an adapter?

Thanks - Pat.
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #24
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore
RE the Sewer Solutions - Is there an issue with connecting to our famous (infamous) Thetford - or is it Valterra - connections? Anyway, whatever our non-standard fitting is - can the Sewer Solutions rig work out of the box, or do we need to find an adapter?

Thanks - Pat.
you need an adapter. I believe it is the "valterra universal adapter".
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 09:41 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
macerator pumps

Here's a link with additional options

http://www.rvsani-con.com/order_online.htm

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:02 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Sewer Solution caveot (sp?)

Paula - I LOVE my SS, however, be aware that many dump stations do not have a screw on male adapter on the water spigot - not allowing one to hook up the hose that makes the sewer solution work with the black tank (I can dump my grey tank fine).

I get around this at campgrounds by leaving late, and backing into a full hookup site with water to use my SS. None of the campgrounds that I've visited have minded. However, this summer when we travel to CA, I will get my own stinky slinky to use at CA SP's. Arnold has apparently turned off all utilities at the state campgrounds (boondock only).
I really like my SS (I got one of the "blems" too - no problem's!).
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:28 AM   #27
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
Paula - I LOVE my SS, however, be aware that many dump stations do not have a screw on male adapter on the water spigot - not allowing one to hook up the hose that makes the sewer solution work with the black tank (I can dump my grey tank fine).

I get around this at campgrounds by leaving late, and backing into a full hookup site with water to use my SS. None of the campgrounds that I've visited have minded. However, this summer when we travel to CA, I will get my own stinky slinky to use at CA SP's. Arnold has apparently turned off all utilities at the state campgrounds (boondock only).
I really like my SS (I got one of the "blems" too - no problem's!).
Marc
Marc,
We carry a little gadget called a Water Thief they work on just about any type of faucet and with a hose clamp will even work on a short cut off piece of hose So far if there is water running out of the spigot...I will get what I need

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:05 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Sewer Solution

Got the sewer solution and am using it. Love it! It really does drain on the level or uphill!

I did get an unpleasant surprise at a campground where I was staying when they said it was illegal to hook a hose into any white water and then use it - even with a backflow preventer - to rinse the system. I did think that could be a bit unasthetic myself, so I had already rigged up a plastic bucket with a drain that is a female hose connector and added three feet of hose terminating with the Sewer Solution's quick connect valve. Works fine to rinse the hose. I just hang up my bucket, fill it with a waste basket full of water and let it clean out the hose, etc.

The key with this system is that you can leave the gray water open all the time, but you only drain the black water every two or three days (no lumps, no clumps). I've found that while camping I can just drain the black tank, then fill the toilet bowl and flush a couple of times and the hose will be running clean without even hooking up my little flush bucket. I'll use the flush bucket when I'm breaking camp, and possibly even put a bit of bleach in the line to make sure I have a pristine hose. This will store in the rear bumper in a fraction of the space a slinky takes. I'm just going to find a plastic box to keep it separated from the electrical cable. (Can anyone tell me why it is ALWAYS raining when I have to break camp?)

Ordering it was great timing, especially since my slinky sprang two pinhole leaks. How did that happen with a slinky that's less than six months old?

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:44 AM   #29
Rivet Master

You don't HAVE to install the macerator. My friend has one that he keeps at home for dumping into the toilet. He runs black water, then grey, then flushes the system with what is left in his fresh tank.
I just learned how nasty grey water can get. EEEEWWWWW
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
Sani - Con

The macerator device shown here will apparently use your grey water to both back flush your black tank and clean the hose.

http://www.emptythetanks.com/

Sergei
SmokelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote