Old 08-31-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1972 27' Overlander
Painesville Twp , Ohio
Is there a black-water-tank valve?

hello all, New to AirStreaming.

72 Overlander. Owned a few weeks. I get the concept of a black water tank holding all the black (and grey) water. And I see the large white cap at the bumber of my camper where it drains. Whats to stop all the poo from coming out when I unscrew that cap? I would imagine there is a valve or something?

Better yet, if someone has the time, could you also give me some direction on dumping at a campground dump-station? You know, the ones you drive up to whan you're ready to leave.

Thanks a bunch!

hagnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
Usually Sleepy
1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
the black water tank only holds black water. there is no gray water containment. I have a 73 overlander and the black valve is in the rear hatch not in the bumper trunk. It should be vertical. leave it closed until you need to dump.

The gray water was designed to be just drained on the ground at your site. Gray tanks were added to Airstreams in 1974. You'll need a "blue boy" to collect the gray water and drag it to the dump station, or get a site that has a sewer.
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules