Old 10-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
2014 Sport 22
2014 22' FB Sport
Patterson , California
inconvenient sewer hose container

We have a 2014 22 FB sport. This model has the sewer hose container attached to the bottom of the trailer. Not sure if this is the only model that has the storage for the sewer hose on the bottom of the trailer. My concern is that in a few years we may not be as able to get on the ground and slide under the trailer to retrieve this hose. Has any one faced this problem and created a better solution. Our model does not have a bumper. I am told by airstream they have created two bumpers for our model to store the sewer hose in, for about $4000.00. While I am glad there is a solution, and if it is the only one, in time we may go that route, I was wondering if any one else has tackled this problem is a more cost efficient way.

ceallaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Mine has a tube forward of the axles that the hose stores in. I hardly need to get on the ground to get it. I do, of course, need to bend down but had to bend down in our older trailer that had bumper storage also. Read on here and check out a device called sewer solution. It may be less cumbersome and easier for you to manage. I have never seen one myself but they do sound useful and interesting.

Roger in NJ

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
2014 Sport 22
2014 22' FB Sport
Patterson , California
Thank you- I will check that out.
ceallaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
I have a stainless steel tray which pulls from rear bumper, between the frame members.
Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #5

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Mine is down low just forward of the tandem axles. I don't have to get under the trailer since the cover is reachable at the edge of the trailer. Quite honestly if I can't bend down to open that tube, I'd not be able to hook the hose up to the drain, hook up the fresh water to the city inlet, pull out the electrical cord, hook up the satellite cable, and finally access the stabilizer jacks. So the day I can't bend down to these is the day you will see this trailer on the classifieds!

Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Our sewer hose storage tube is forward of the single axle and accessible at the edge of the lower trailer ... no lower than the sewer connections (in fact it's higher) sounds to me like your tube may have gotten mispositioned or shoved inward somehow...its opening should not be so far under the trailer that you have to slide under it to get the hose in and out of the tube.

TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote