Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2003, 07:42 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Question How to add a b/tank flush system

I have been thinking about adding a black water tank flushing system to my Argosy 26 TT.I have a rear bath model with the hopper above the tank..I presently flush the tank with a hose and wand, which requires,draging a hose thrrough the trailer,leaving the door open etc..
Has any one added an external flushing system to their trailer,black water tank???Any info on installation of a flushing system would be appriciated...
Down the road and in the wind......
Old 06-25-2003, 09:50 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Bigfork , Montana
You might check out a product called "Flush King". I think it is about $40-50 at Camping World. I have been using it for the past couple of months, and my Black Tank seems to be very clean after use.
Rickk48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:59 AM   #3
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'm sure the flush out is a real neat feature, but alas, I too don't have it.

What seems to work well for me is that I just dump the tank and add chemicals if it's a long trip and then dump at the end with some of the remaining fresh water that I purge before the trip home.

For me, once home, I flush the tank out really well. I have a poke through sewer line next to the driveway. At home I don't have to worry about bacteria or someone else's mess draping though my trailer since is all clean and I know where the gear has all been.

I have also noticed that some dump sites don't have a garden hose connector making the flush feature I have seen not work without mods.

Anyway, just thought I'd share what I do in case you come across the same type of dump station.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote