Old 05-17-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
Cyclist

2007 28' International CCD
Windermere , Florida
How Much Sewer Hose To Carry?

We are fairly new at ASing. So far have found 10-15 feet of sewer hose to be plenty. Any experience where more might be necessary?

Old 05-17-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by henw
We are fairly new at ASing. So far have found 10-15 feet of sewer hose to be plenty. Any experience where more might be necessary?
I only have 10' and plan on purchasing a longer hose as I've found that sometimes the distance between my trailer and the dump hole is longer than 10'.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
About 50'

Actually I use a normal slinky for the most part, 15' works in 95% of the situations. I also use a Sewer Solution which is an awesome product. I use this a lot at home when I have multiple "guests" spending time. I only have one place to dump a black tank, so we hook up the SS and empty one person at a time, and just move the pipe and hoses around

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
10 to 15 feet typically does it for me. I like the heavy duty ones too cause it's NASTY when things go wrong.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
I use the 15' hose, heaviest duty you can get. It will still tear, just will take a while.
I also have one spare in the box, in case the unmentionable happens while dumping.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:51 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
We've had to go and buy more where it is a particularly long run from the connection to our valves and that was at a luxury rv resort. Sometimes it is necessary to cross under the Airstream and that takes a good length of hose. You also would need many lengths to have "full hook-up" at the International Rally coming up in Perry Georgia.

We travel with a regular short length which is good the majority of times. If we cannot connect we back up or pull forward and use our full hookup as a personal sanitation station when we are ready to leave or drive to the main dump station where the short hose is more than ample. Having a connector and extra length could be a convenience, or it could be an inconvenience. If you have room stash another somewhere, it helps if you do not want to get the hose out to see how far it will stretch to know where you can park. We carry a cap to allow a grey hose to connect and have 50' of grey hose to connect for discharging grey water. The size of our holding tank for black water is more than ample.

We have the rhino hose now, it is heavy duty and you don't need supports as it is bendable and rigid and will expand or contract and keeps it's shape for elbows, etc.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
We've had to go and buy more where it is a particularly long run from the connection to our valves and that was at a luxury rv resort. Sometimes it is necessary to cross under the Airstream and that takes a good length of hose. You aso would need many lengths to have "full hook-up" at the International Rally coming up in Perry Georgia.

....ah the joys of an FB unit!
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Bertram , Texas
You mean you can use a hose...you mean I don't need to use a bucket?

Once worked aircraft "fleet service" in Incirlick Turkey. Not a pretty sight when one of my guys opened the service port on an aircraft only to discover the dump valve had been frozen open. Not pretty at all...it was funny...but only from a distance
Old 05-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #9
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
I carry 40 feet in two 20 feet sections. THe First has the Trailer coupling adn the second has the connector for the two hoses. I have used every inch of the "40" feet at least twice.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #10
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpray
Once worked aircraft "fleet service" in Incirlick Turkey. Not a pretty sight when one of my guys opened the service port on an aircraft only to discover the dump valve had been frozen open. Not pretty at all...it was funny...but only from a distance
The voice of experience here. Happened to me on an SOB MoHo. The yard stank for a week and a half. Maybe one reason why they call 'em SOBs.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #11

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I carry a 20' hose. I've had to extend it close to its max a few times. I never can quite figure out those sites who have the sewer outlet up towards the front.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #12
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
I carry a 20' hose. I've had to extend it close to its max a few times. I never can quite figure out those sites who have the sewer outlet up towards the front.

Jack
Jack, I haven't yet had the pleasure of staying at one of those. Maybe they were intended to be pull-through sites, or coming in from the opposite direction, and got altered at some point.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #13

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Jack, I haven't yet had the pleasure of staying at one of those. Maybe they were intended to be pull-through sites, or coming in from the opposite direction, and got altered at some point.
Interestingly enough many are pull throughs, but the utilities are on the same side so I know I've come in the correct direction. I've also run into some of these in back in sites also. So the longer the trailer the further you are away from the sewer line. Maybe they assume that we all have fifth wheels where a lot of the outlets are mid trailer.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:35 PM   #14
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Sewer Solution

Just got one of these, only way to go in my opinion, easy to clean, stow and run longer hose. And it will pump uphill! And if you had to you could use it as a scatter gun to learn manners to an unruly campground host, but that's in another thread huh. Check out the afore mentioned link, this thing works as advertized. DG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	86 Excella 137.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	37509  

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote