Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2004, 02:58 PM   #41
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
water lines should be inside to keep them from freezing. gas lines are supposed to be outside...except to "pop in" to the appropriate appliance. I think the idea is that if a line should leak, the propane will stay outside the trailer, and possibly dissipate and not cause an explosion. but kinks in the line...that's another story altogether.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

Talking Grey water tank

Back in the '80s I had a 1968 - 28' A/S trailer and was not satisfied with the grey water set-up (Oregon required the "Oregon bucket" with valve that closed when full). I took down the belly pan right behind the rear axle and carefully measured the exposed cavity and bought a polyethlene tank that would fit and leave room for horizontal drain line. This drain line I routed inside the frame to the grey water drain lines joinery to the black water drain. I think I found a 2" drain line valve and plumbed this in between the grey water line and tank and the main outlet fitting. This allowed several "one gallon" showers without flooding the shower pan or filling the black water tank. Proper use of the 2"valve allowed the flushing the blackwater out of the drain line easier. Keep this new tank as close to the rear axle as possible and compensate with forward weight to maintain proper hitch loading. BTW this model A/S trailer had a "y" in the blackwater tank vent line that was accessable form the back so that flushing water could easily be run through the blackwater tank. At times, I wish I still had it, but at my age that bathroom right there where I am driving certainly is handy.

Ernie and Jan
JanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:56 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
West Linn , Oregon
Mtpalms - mine is the same as yours, including those gas lines running all over below the belly pan. weirdest factory setup I ever saw.