Old 06-07-2004, 09:22 PM   #15
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'm going to give Jackson Center a crack at it when I eventually get there. I expect the tank monitor to be somewhat accurate. As I said earlier, the manufac claims these sensors are suppose to be darn near dead on if installed according to their instructions. They told me that they personally trained the Airstream staff.

I trust that the unit will eventually work, however, I must say that I find it interesting that there are a growing number of folks with what appears to be a similar issue.

Old 06-08-2004, 07:19 AM   #16
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
FWIW, just got back last night from my first 1000 mile shakedown. On the '04 22' CCD, there are both a gray and black tank. My black tank reads EMPTY all the time. So, I used the "ol' flashlight down the hole monitor" to good success.

T'aint right tho, so I'm looking for those calibration instructions too. Nothing in the manual I got with mine... Just checked.

Old 06-08-2004, 07:30 AM   #17
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
X,

I have your email address, when I get settled this am, I will fire off the PDFs that the tank sensor company sent me on the calibration process.

Make sure when you do the calibration, you take your time and have the ol garden hose ready to fill the tanks and have a place to dump.

I think the 22' CCD with all tanks full is about 72 gallons.

Eric
Old 06-08-2004, 07:36 AM   #18

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Thanks Twink! You're the best.

I'm all empty so itsa perfect time to calibrate!
Old 06-08-2004, 12:37 PM   #19
BAUXITE

2004 25' Classic
homosassa , Florida
Not sure what my problem is. First time I used my trailer all tanks worked fine. Next time out black water registered almost full with very little use and grey water was not accurate but not as bad as black water. Battery, probane and fresh water seems to be OK.Do you think I have to recalibrate even though it worked the first time ?
Old 06-08-2004, 03:14 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
hate to join this club too but what the hec we've had ours fixed three times already by the dealer and it keeps on loosing this ... calibration!!

You can only guess how frustrated we are with this.

Anyway we're scheduled for yet another repair at the end of this season. Who knows maybe this will be the good and final one.

Anyone actually got it fixed and is still working? Seems to loose calibration when you empty the black tank and leave it empty for a while, as in winterizing..

Couldn't find the instructions in our docs. Eric please include us in your pdf mailing list. Thanks.

Ed keys- Yes we started out fine too...for a short while. Got repaired worked once, as soon as we flushed the black it was back to misreading! And so forth with the other repairs. Now it's even worse all the lights flash on and off with a different reading every time you press the status button. It's just gone fishing.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:23 PM   #21

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Maybe we should start checking the build dates of your trailers. Eric mentioned that the manufacturer had visited A/S due to a high failure rate and found that A/S had apparently not used the correct wire in connecting the sensor to the panel. That was supposedly corrected but I wonder how many are out there with bad wire? My trailer was built in October '03. We have been out once and all seems ok at this point.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 03:38 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1963 24' Tradewind
Highland , Illinois
Also, who manufactured your monitor. According to my manual, Airstream used 2 manufacturers in the CCD line depending on the trailer length. Ours has a SeeLevel II Model 712 by Garnet Instruments LTD that was used in the 22' and 28' CCD's where the 16', 19', and 25' models used a Micropulse monitor by Catcon Products, Inc.

Maybe the problem is with one and not the other or maybe it's with both of them.

Dennis
Old 06-09-2004, 02:06 PM   #23
BAUXITE

2004 25' Classic
homosassa , Florida
Believe mine was made Oct 03. Systems monitor is "MicroPulse" made by Catcon Products Inc.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:09 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
micropulse here too, production date june 'o3 (if I'm not mistaken, maybe july).

any more specifics on that wiring trouble?
Old 07-16-2004, 07:29 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
I've noticed, that at least on my '77, the readings and calibrations are drastically affected by the source of the fresh water that I have....whether hooked up to "city" water, or using water from the fresh water tank.
Perhaps the mineral content of the water varies so much as to affect the conductivity of the water? I can't think of any other reason for it.
The level indicators all seem to be the most accurate when I'm using my wonderful well water from here at the house!
Guy
Old 07-16-2004, 08:08 AM   #26

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
My 22' '04 CCD >> Catcon Micropulse
Production date of Micropulse >> March '04
Old 07-16-2004, 08:34 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
Whew! It sure is great to get back on the forums! My wife and I retired on June 28th and the laptop immediately "crashed!" Subsequently, we were on the road with the AS and couldn't get around to re-formatting the laptop. That said, we have been having the same problems with our tank level sensors on the 2000 Excella. The manual describes a "wiper" type blade (potentionmeter) that you're suppose to be able to adjust - but when I pulled the display panel open there ain't no such "animal!" There is, what appears to be two potentionmeters - but the adjustment would have to be done with a small screwdriver as they are circular in appearance with what, I think, is a slotted adjustment "screw" in the center. Has anyone else attempted an adjustment with a similar board? If so, why are there only two apparent adjustments available - versus three if you include the fresh water tank? With our black and grey tanks emptied, and flushed, the level indicators show 1/3 full. It takes very little for them to move to 2/3 rds - and they indicate full when I know the tanks are less than 2/3 full.

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:07 AM   #28

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMILI
micropulse here too, production date june 'o3 (if I'm not mistaken, maybe july).

any more specifics on that wiring trouble?
Apparently it was the wrong gage wire (needed to be heavier).

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote