Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
Help--Picture of Black Tank 1971 1972 Tradewind

Does anyone have a picture and/ or a part number of the black water tank that came in the 1971 or 1972 wet bath arrangement in a Trade Wind. I am strongly considering converting to a wet bath in my 1973 Trade Wind. Sure would appreciate any help. I am going to order all new tanks from Inca Plastics or Inland once I get squared away.

Thanks

Tony

Rogue River, Oregon

Old 02-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony S View Post
Does anyone have a picture and/ or a part number of the black water tank that came in the 1971 or 1972 wet bath arrangement in a Trade Wind. I am strongly considering converting to a wet bath in my 1973 Trade Wind. Sure would appreciate any help. I am going to order all new tanks from Inca Plastics or Inland once I get squared away.

Thanks

Tony

Rogue River, Oregon
Different tanks were used for 71 and 72 27 foot and larger models.

Andy

Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
Thanks

Basically it is open which tank I get. I donít have to match up to anything besides the frame and the rough area I have to work with, where the 1973 shower was. I guess if a choice of tanks will fit I would choose the larger capacity.

The first picture is a 1971 corner bath. The second is my toilet before I disassembled it. The third is, I believe, from a 1965 trailer and the arrangement I am trying to accomplish. I will build with the same methods as I used for my cedar strip canoe. Which is wood fiberglass epoxy composite. Or a wood core fiberglass pan. It is also the method Bart and Barbie did with there Tradewind for there shower pan. Nice Job there.

The last picture is the shower space I want to use. Has a 5" x 6" of dry rot to be repair as well as a worse one under the univolt from around the battery box allowing water in.

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71TW8.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	178417   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG9488.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	178418  

Click image for larger version

Name:	9a3b_3.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	178419   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0189.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	178420  

Old 02-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony S View Post
Thanks

Basically it is open which tank I get. I donít have to match up to anything besides the frame and the rough area I have to work with, where the 1973 shower was. I guess if a choice of tanks will fit I would choose the larger capacity.

The first picture is a 1971 corner bath. The second is my toilet before I disassembled it. The third is, I believe, from a 1965 trailer and the arrangement I am trying to accomplish. I will build with the same methods as I used for my cedar strip canoe. Which is wood fiberglass epoxy composite. Or a wood core fiberglass pan. It is also the method Bart and Barbie did with there Tradewind for there shower pan. Nice Job there.

The last picture is the shower space I want to use. Has a 5" x 6" of dry rot to be repair as well as a worse one under the univolt from around the battery box allowing water in.

Tony
The tank that fits in the corner is now made with fiberglass.

Andy