Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
Fresno , California
Help

My wife and I bought our new to us Classic 30' about a year ago. it came with a new sewer hose and it has worked out fine till just a trip ago. I am not sure what brand it is but it is a light blue hose with dark blue fittings....with the exception of the bayonet connection fitting and it is white and band clamped on...not like normal. We have a couple of pin holes now so I want to replace it. Is the white bayonet fitting something special or will any standard fitting work OK.

Leaving soon for warmer weather so if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
ldireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . pretty sure most of the sewer hoses have compatible fittings, & you can buy them everywhere. . . regards, Craig
Old 02-11-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You may find that a newer and perhaps better quality hose has a larger, outer "housing", for lack of a better word for it, as I did when I bought a Rhino.

I also believe the connections are standard, but you may have to pare some of the outer parts off to get it where you need it.

Maggie
Old 02-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
There are two major types of sewer hose fittings... the later/recent Airstreams all use "Valterra". (Older Airstreams used a different system entirely.)
Rhino is a popular inexpensive replacement brand,...Viper is another ..just be certain the end fittings are "valterra" style.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #5
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
When you pick up the new hose, you might also purchase one of the short clear adapters. It helps to monitor flow when dumping.

Hope to see you down the road. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
As Boxite said, there are two types of fittings. I can't remember the name of the other one, but I think it was typically white plastic. When we picked up our 2002 Classic, it had the white fitting on it. The hoses I had from my 25 that I traded in had the black Valterra fitting, which I believe it is now more common. They didn't fit. The dealer thought he had, but didn't, an adapter. Same thing with the Camping World down the road.

We were at the beginning of a three day trip to get home, with unknown tank levels. I ended up buying a Valterra fitting at the CW, driving to a Home depot and buying a Dremel tool and some PVC cement, and cut the old fitting off and glued on the Valterra fitting.

My 25 came with the thin plastic blue hoses. I used them once or twice and replaced them with Rhino hose. I'd recommend you convert the fitting and go to a heavy duty good quality hose. If you have ever glued PVC pipe at home you can do this job.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:40 PM   #7
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
White fittings are Thetford, black are Valterra.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Thanks Terry,
I was off looking that up and just came back to post the answer but you beat me to it.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote