Old 09-02-2002, 10:15 PM   #15
Rob
2 Rivet Member

I don't know if you would be interested but this weekend I'll be removing one of two gray water tanks that at some point were added under my 72 tradewind.

Whoever did the install cut into the frame for the outlet. So i'll be doing some welding and remounting just one of the tanks.

Both tanks appear to be the same size and I can't imagine needing both. Besides I don't like the idea of that much weight so far back on the frame (w/ full tanks).

The cost would be for shipping only. And of course I'll clean it up.

Rob

Old 09-04-2002, 07:10 AM   #16

I recently bought a 1965 26' Overlander which came w/o a water tank. I don't know the dimensions but a diagram shows that it was positioned at the front end of the trailer,under a couch (which is also missing). The overall width of the trailer is 96", if that tank is say 84" or less and noone else has dibs on it, I could put it to use. I will e-mail my address to you, if it's still available. Thanks, John Taranto

Old 09-04-2002, 08:49 AM   #17
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
John and Rob,

Your trailer models are of two different vintages and as such the water tanks are completely diffrent. In 65 the tank was a metal tank that was pressurized and it was installed behind/below the fron couch/dinette. The water tank in the 70's model in mounted between the frame rails and over the axels. I do not think that it would fit.

IF you are saying you want a grey/black tank that is a completely diffrent issue. You may have to build a new pan to hold the tank. I know that somone out there has done this recently and posted the pictures and directions for all of us to see.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 09:19 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

I removed the small water tank in my 15' bubble and had planned to put one under the bed in the back end along with a small grey tank. Am I asking for problems by putting the two tanks on the back end of the trailer? Will it create the dreadful sag? Any recommendations on size of tanks I could get away with without creating too much weight problems. There's plenty of room that will be available for the two small tanks when I rebuild the bed and that just seemed like the logical location. But maybe that's not the best spot for it.

Ken
Old 09-04-2002, 09:36 AM   #19
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
I don't think you will need to worry about the dreadful sag, but I think the weight dynamic of having the tanks back there and full could cause towing problems. Water weighs 8.34 LBS per gallon. Even a 25 gallon tank is over 200 LBS. I have to assume the original design was to help balance the trailer. Unless you have modified the running gear I would attemt to do the same with regard to balance. Proper towing is a combination of axle weight and tounge weight. I would keep this in mind as you redo the interior. If you want to put the tanks in the rear you can, but I would put enough weight forward of the axle to balance it out.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 07:52 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Good advice. I don't have much experience when it comes to this stuff.

Thanks
Ken