Old 06-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
Well, sounds like the exact symptoms that my system was experiencing, with the exception that it was my fresh water tank. In the owners manual (for the MicroPulse) there are detailed instruction on the procedures to reset a single tank. I attempted to reset just that tank, but it failed. So while at Airstream in Jackson Center for an alignment, I had their techs look at it. They also attempted to reset the sensor and concluded that it was a faulty sensor. Kind of glad they performed this task due to having to cut an access hole through the bottom of the AS to gain access to the sensor. They ensure that the new sensor was calibrated after installation. Since 2006, this is the first time I've had a problem with the monitoring system. Good luck.
Really glad your sensor was fixed but ours went out just after we bought our 2006 Safari this year. It always shows full. Not happy to hear that the techs had to cut a hole to fix it. I was hoping it was more accessible. Where did they cut? The floor or the belly pan?

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
Really glad your sensor was fixed but ours went out just after we bought our 2006 Safari this year. It always shows full. Not happy to hear that the techs had to cut a hole to fix it. I was hoping it was more accessible. Where did they cut? The floor or the belly pan?
I'll go out and look. They took one tire off on the street side to make getting to the drill site for the hole. Photos will be forthcoming.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Blacksburg , Virginia
grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
I dumped my tanks and when I turned the sensors back on ththe grey tank was green. I am wondering if for some reason it got stuck. Will find our over the forth of July weekend
That's killer, the sensor is not back where the drain valves are and accessible. If I had mine here, I would take a pic of it, (in storage).

Back over on another message board, when I owned another brand of trailer, it was popular to add calgon or culligan automatic dishwasher detergent ( the dry stuff). If you were not dumping at your campground and were going to dump on the way home at facilities at a truck stop, ( Loves) or a state rest area on the interstate. Some states have that option. The sloshing with the automatic dishwasher detergent supposedly kept it clean-er.

You could add a little water to the grey tank before you leave to camp and add some of that dishwasher detergent to it and let it slosh on the way to the campsite?
I have done that several times back in the day, but I never had any trouble with sensors. It didn't hurt anything that I know of, and I had that trailer 7 years. Give it a try, you don't have to cut anything

Have a good one!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Photo of access on my 23 foot Safari to replace fresh water tank sensor.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1403556629.191396.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	508.0 KB
ID:	214774
Old 06-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Quote:
Photo of access on my 23 foot Safari to replace fresh water tank sensor.
That's on the port side, between the wheels? My nylon drain is there and I see yours but don't see the wheels. In any event, it looks like a serious job, more than I want to tackle. I'll wait until it has to go up to Ohio for something else.

Thanks for posting the pic, sorry if I put you to any trouble. Good information.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

Old 06-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
It's behind the front wheel on the street side. In this photo, the tire is on the right side of the photo, but very hard to see because it's so dark. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1403560161.808693.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	415.5 KB
ID:	214779
Old 06-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
My AS gray tank sensor appears screwed up - reads full even at empty - warranty repair will be needed - these monitors seem to have a proclivity to not function properly

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Quote:
It's behind the front wheel on the street side. In this photo, the tire is on the right side of the photo, but very hard to see because it's so dark.
Yeah, looks like a job for the mother ship. I appreciate the photos, it just looks like more than I can do in the driveway. I'll try resetting it but if that doesn't work I'll just live with it for a while, carry 6 gallons spare when I know I have to use the tank.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

Old 08-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
North Bend , Washington
I'm having the same problem on my 2009 Flying Cloud 25FB. The gray water sensor goes Red after the first day of camping with just a small amount of use and then goes back Green on the last day of camping or after tanks are emptied. My RV repair center said they couldn't check the sensors without spending several hours cutting or removing the riveted seal. The dealer suggested using an RV sensor cleaner solution before looking at replacing the monitor panel. Has anyone tried this solution and is there another solution option (powdered detergent, vinegar) that might clean the sensors?
Old 08-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2014 22' FB Sport
San Antonio , Texas
Our dealer recommends a product called "RV Digest It" made by a company in Colorado. We have been using it since we picked up our Airstream in January, so far no problems. I recently read an article about "The Geo Method" that appeared to make some amount of sense. I have not tried it. I am sure a Google search will turn it up.

Cannonball, Deep in the Heart of Texas!

WBCCI #4387, Air #84080

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 09-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #25
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Hope it is ok if I piggyback for one post...

Anyone seen the location of the gray and black and fresh sensors on a 1999 34' Excella?

Thanks for the lift!
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Ok so update - I sanitized fresh water tank and lines the other day and took the opportunity to check accuracy of micro pulse gray water

Started empty - read empty

As I filled it seemed to be going appropriate - once full (running the sink and shower) per the meter I added 1 gallon of water at a time to shower and found just under 5 gallons to fill all the way up to flood the shower drain

Pretty accurate

Fresh water similarly appears accurate

I am wondering either if I just misread in the past OR if in more real conditions something fools the readings

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #27
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Is it level when readings "off"? What chemicals were in the tank? Did clean water read differently? Were soap bubbles capillary action on sensor?
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
I had to re-calibrate my sensors (did them all) a couple of times when the 2012 was new. After that everything settled down and has read accurate since. Think I will try the Digest it anyway, cannonball. Can't hurt .

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums