Old 02-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Originally Posted by Bauxter View Post
I have seen some concerns posted regarding keeping the black and grey separate,( not connected in any way), in order to prevent the grey tank from going septic. If Neil drains the gray through the black, or they share a drain, will there be a health risk? I haven't plumbed yet, as well, and this topic is a concern.

No.....the way I wanted to do it, but now it's getting to be clear to me that I will not be able to accomplish it because of logistics, is a valve for the gray drain near the valve for the black to block the grey while draining the black then opening the grey to help flush the black 'debris' down the hose to the septic. I will use my 'Sewer Connection' with the black as I do now then drain the grey separately. The black and grey will only meet at their final resting place...the septic tank.

Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Yes, Marcus, I have come to the same conclusion. Now I'm trying to decide on a 16 gal between floor and belly pan tank from Vintage Trailer Supply or a larger capacity from other suggestions in this thread. Not sure if I want a tank hanging down past the belly skin. So far I think for the way we camp we could do with the 16 gal.....much better than waste grey water backing up if we need to use a sink on the road but since we have 35+ fresh water capacity we may wish we had more grey capacity 'down the road'. ALL the suggestions and opinions.

I went with a 30-gallon stock tank from PPL that hangs below the bellypan. I like the capacity, and haven't had any issues with the tank so far, three years and counting.

utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote