Old 05-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
Please don't offer me a drink of water. Every time you operate that faucet you are opening a direct link,,,,toilet to fresh water tank.
Not quite direct link, BUT possible cross contamination.
I just put in a new toilet and looking at the connections water comes out high and free flows into the bowl, no chance of back flow contamination unless the toilet overflows and crosscontamination would be guaranteed if outflow was submerged with no pressure in the waterline. So back to the original fine design, with pressure in the freshwater system with working backflow preventers, shutoff valves off when they are not being used and adding chlorine to the tank and drinking bottled water never a problem, much less of a problem than hooking up to a system at a park that isn't providing safe water. In the USA we take for granted the faucet has potable water, after all the parks usually have a sign near the dump station saying flush water is not for drinking. (Except at Alum Creek, Columbus Ohio state park where they want you to fill at the dump site and don't provide faucets at the campsites.)
The black tank is isolated from the the supply line, it is even isolated from the grey tank until you change your system. This is a design for the convenience of the person in charge of doing a less
desireable chore not for the passengers enjoying the system.
PS. Drinking water in most A/S is from a separate faucet with filter fitted.
Safe travels.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
Rot-Roo Rastro!!

2000 30' Limited
Austin , Texas
Considering the seriousness of the health risk assoicated contamination of the water, I can understand everyone's response. Everyone has a different risk evaluation process.

My question would be: how do you know your check value is operating correctly? This device, a single device, is your insurance to prevent bateria entering your water supply and potentially sending you to the hospital and/or killing you. Is it worth the convienience when a single point failure of the check value puts you at serious risk? But not just you, but anyone who drinks water on your trailer, potentially children who do not have a developed immune system?

Just food for thought.

AIR #12075
silversled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
DFW , Texas
We have a '92 and on ours we have both the inlet and outlet. not to take the thread in a different direction, but the pictures are essentially what is on ours, except both the inlet and outlet are mounted on the front of the box. How is the factory installation designed to work? I get the picture of the water going into the tank. Does it somehow feed a high pressure sprayer system? Are there multiple sprayers, or just one? Also, what is the purpose of the outlet nozzle with the valve? I'm not sure I would want to experiment to see what comes out of that? Thanks, in advance for solving a two year mystery.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
TxToaster,

If you have a flush system, there should be three hookups. One fresh water inlet, one outlet hose bib, and one inlet for the flush system.

The "black tank flush" system should be described in your owners manual, along with a drawing of the system. In my excella it's a multi-hole spray head inside the black tank, a pipe loop up to a backflow preventer, then a vacuum breaker, then a pipe down to the inlet. This system is supposed to eliminate backflow/siphoning, but I tend to lean toward caution! I carry a second hose for flushing, which never use for fresh water.

The system in mine is manufactured by No-Fuss Flush. You can find more info online.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
DFW , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post
TxToaster,

If you have a flush system, there should be three hookups. One fresh water inlet, one outlet hose bib, and one inlet for the flush system.

The "black tank flush" system should be described in your owners manual, along with a drawing of the system. In my excella it's a multi-hole spray head inside the black tank, a pipe loop up to a backflow preventer, then a vacuum breaker, then a pipe down to the inlet. This system is supposed to eliminate backflow/siphoning, but I tend to lean toward caution! I carry a second hose for flushing, which never use for fresh water.

The system in mine is manufactured by No-Fuss Flush. You can find more info online.
Mine only has 2 hookups, so now I'm really not sure what this arrangement is.
http://www.airforums.com/attachments...6/pict2148.jpg

The white tube in the background is the routing of the 2nd AC condensation line.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #20
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
Is there is a back flow preventer installed where I can't see it on mine? When I put outside pressure to the hose fitting I get it running out on disconnecting. That would indicate to me no backflow preventer upstream or it is not working as it would be sqirting out somewhere upstream.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f443...ion-50222.html

Mine was under the bathroom sink.....LEAKING!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water leak 003.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	130482  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote