Old 10-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Just talked to the service guy and still no answer. Supposedly the tech has been checking the sensor and it seems fine. I asked him if they'd checked the vent pipe and he said yes. Whether I believe him or not is a different story. So they're going to put water through it on Monday.

How have they had the trailer since Tuesday on a water drainage issue and they still haven't put water through it yet??

Said his tech is planning on calling an engineer at Airstream on Monday. Why would he already be planning on calling Airstream for help if he hasn't even run water through it yet??

I'm trying to keep my cool with the guy but this is really getting frustrated. So now I'm looking at Monday at the earliest before we have a diagnosis then they still have to fix it.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Just So You Know...

The quick, easy way to determine if the vent pipe is blocked is to take the cap off and run water in though the vent pipe from the top. If water from a garden hose runs freely and fills up the gray water holding tank, it is not a vent pipe issue.

If this is mentioned in an ealier post, I overlooked it.

Four Corners Unit WBCCI #8654
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #17
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Alumaholic,

This will certainly check for blockages in the vent pipe, such as leaves or a dead bird, but what if the drain pipe slipped during manufacture, and is submerged in the water in the tank?

In the first case,water will flow out and over the top of the roof vent, but will it in the second case? I say that because I am wondering if it will still simply flow into the tank, albeit slowly...
Old 10-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Freely Vs. Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumaholic View Post
The quick, easy way to determine if the vent pipe is blocked is to take the cap off and run water in though the vent pipe from the top. If water from a garden hose runs "freely" and fills up the gray water holding tank, it is not a vent pipe issue .
Aage is correct, of course.
A blocked vent, whether blocked by debris in the pipe or blocked by direct contact with the bottom of the holding tank, will be evinced by an overflowing vent pipe. An immersed vent pipe will allow water to flow, albeit less freely; at about the same rate that the shower pan drains methinks.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
I'll watch this thread with interest ! Ever since we got our trailer (used) a few years ago, I found the gray water tank filling very fast compared to our last (smaller) trailer -non AS.

Even trying carefully to minimize water use, we don't seem to be able to make our gray tank last more that maybe 3 days (just 2 of us. "navy showers" etc.)

Luckily we don't camp without sewer connection often, and I've come up with a couple of ideas to extend our stay a bit when we do;

- plastic dishpans in the sink so we can dump dishwater down the toilet.

- trailer drain cap with a hose connector and a 5 gallon collapsible "water bag" so we can dump some gray water without having to carry a "Blue Boy."

I've never thought about the possibility of a slipped vent tube and it has me wondering - that darn shower seems to back up way too soon!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Alright, I'm ready for a good start to my week. Here's to hoping for a good call from the dealer today telling me that they'll have her ready to go in a day or two. I really want to hook up and head out of town this weekend.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumaholic View Post
The quick, easy way to determine if the vent pipe is blocked is to take the cap off and run water in though the vent pipe from the top. If water from a garden hose runs freely and fills up the gray water holding tank, it is not a vent pipe issue.
I know and I regret not doing this. But I figured that regardless of what I found I wasn't going to try and fix it since it's under warranty, just let the dealer deal with it. Unfortunately I guess I had a little too much faith. Next time I'll spend more time diagnosing it first.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the service writer. He said they have duplicated the problem multiple times today and have been working with Airstream to troubleshoot it. I'm being told that Airstream is saying that a valve regulator on the grey tank needs to be replaced. Supposedly Airstream said this has happened just a couple times (twice to some poor guy). So I'm being told that they are waiting to hear back from Airstream to get the part# for the valve and schematics to replace it.

He said they would next day air the valve when they get an answer. He is still telling me that they will have me running to pick up on Wednesday but I can't say that I have much faith in that.

Does anyone know what regulator valve they could be talking about??

Any ideas??
Old 10-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
I think your service writer needs his muffler bearings adjusted! 😊
Old 10-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Sounds like "a can of relative bearing grease" or a "spool of flight line."
Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Nevada City , California
Question monitor not working

My husband and I also have a brand new AS 25' Flying Cloud FB 2012. WE ALSO have had problems with the system monitor. In fact we don't think it has ever worked. The dealer is too far away so we are taking it to Paramount RV in Reno. We are wondering if it ever was calibrated? A huge job for neophytes.
The switches in the bathroom were wired backwards, according to the dealer,
but re-wiring them put them out of sync with the light switch which the salesman told us should be in sync.

Our vent fans do something very strange. Everything was properly off when we
departed, but turned on in transit. To avoid this on the way home, I put the vents on manual and closed them manually. Guess what? When entering to put the battery on "store" I heard the fans running......Anyone else with this problem? Thank you for any help.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Check this Thread

For the answer to your off-topic question on Fantastic Fans:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f449...ies-83412.html

As to your question on calibration, we should all check the calibration of our fluid level monitering system from time to time and recalibrate when necessary. It's a simple task that results in peace of mind and more trouble-free adventures.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
Hi Ronnie, we've spent the last 2 winters in Houston, looking forward to #3 in a few weeks. Which Airstream dealer are you working with on this issue?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Does anyone know what a HPPVO valve is? That's what I'm being told they need to replace and are trying to get their hands on. He couldn't tell me anything about where it's located or exactly what it's purpose is.

When I google it I get a HEPVO valve that is a replacement for a P trap. Maybe that's what he meant.