Old 09-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I am afraid that you will find (although I am not very familiar with California) that lemon laws apply to auto manufacturers only. However, the BBB has an arbitration process which might help you.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:18 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Cary , North Carolina
If they did not check it already , try replacing the foam toilet gasket

Raleigh, NC
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:20 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
San Gabriel , California
With our original contract (in California) I was provided a Lemon Law information document. I would assume the Law would be in effect for RV's also.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 09-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
San Gabriel , California
The smell is coming from the other side of the trailer.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
If you would explain your odor problem here someone may have had a similar problem and can help.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
San Gabriel , California
I explained odor problem in other posts trying to find resolve. So far, almost everything has been tried. The dealers can't resolve it even at the direction of the factory. I have another friend with same problem that never resolved the issue.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
Have you owned the trailer since new? Has this odour been there since new? You say the odour is rancid, like butter gone bad? Is there carpet on the floor of the closet, that has had something spilled on it? Dealer should be able to find the problem. Rancid odour is not similar to the odour of sewage. Maybe one of the people at the plant left a half eaten sandwich in the wall!! Highly unlikely but you never know.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
San Gabriel , California
No carpet. Bought new. 3 repair shops. 5 occasions. Has dismantled related plumbing. For sure--holding tanks with some affluent in them. All traps hydrated. Doors/windows closed. Turn Fantastic Fan on. Odor within 30 seconds in closet.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #23

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker187 View Post
I would assume this might be a new topic. Sorry.

Let's say that this a very closely related topic and should be part of the other two threads you started on this same subject. They are all now merged into this one thread.

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #24
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Q1- how long does it take for "smell" to build up/how long with trailer closed?
Q2- does smell occur if waste tanks empty and clean?

Our 34' had similar problem. The vent line cap was cracked and water leaking between cap/roof/vent pipe. Removed cap, sealed between vent pipe and roof with SikaFlex, replaced with new cap. No water or smell.

Yours does sound like a bad plumbing connection tho. That can be a health hazard, not just annoying. If flushed tanks resolve problem, drain and have them "pressurize" the lines. Of the system " holds " the pressure there is no leak. If not, you KNOW there is a leak. You can have them pressurize each system independently. It is done all the time in home construction. The key will be to ONLY put minimal pressure. So you do not have a tank rupture.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #25
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Aside from dead animals, if there was a leak, certain types of mold can produce an odor similar to the one you described. And they can also be major health hazard. If I were you, I would get a screw driver and stop messing with shops claims of checking everything.

They ideas are never the same as yours. Time for you to attempt to solve this on your own by investigating all things with a flash light and screw driver.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicker187 View Post
The space under the closet next to the sweet has a valve that has also been replaced. And supposedly double checked.

I believe this is the air admittance valve used to ventilate the drain line from the kitchen sink and shower to the gray tank. It prevents the sink trap water from being siphoned out when used.

It has a light spring inside and flap that should keep (stinky) air from coming out of the plumbing line, especially when a slight vacuum is created inside the trailer such as using the fantastic fans with door and windows closed.

I wonder if they replaced the valve or just "checked" it. If you could temporally seal the top of the valve with a tight bag and tape, then turn on the fans with all windows/door closed, you could see if the odor is coming from there. Or cracked or loose plumbing, or something dead that crawled into that void.

In normal use, I think it is a good idea to crack a window or two when using both fantastic fans so you have a source of fresh air that isn't coming from the stale area under the floor.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Does your closet floor, perhaps under an access panel, have a cutout where various plumbing and wiring components pass through? These cutouts are typically over the tank enclosures. Could you have a crack in the top of the tank itself and the fan is drawing fumes up into the closet. Try filling your holding tanks to the tippy top and see if there are any underbody leaks of water. If there are, I would think tank dropping is in order for an inspection.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Dk may have it! Worth a check. Jim