Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-01-2015, 02:26 PM   #29
E Pluribus Aluminus
 
Jaxon's Avatar
 
2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,214
Images: 10
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAirstream
Also, I never put dishwasher packs or dish/hand soap from the sink transferred to the black tank because some soaps can kill bacteria and enzymes that are supposed to be in your black tank and are good for the system to break down the waste. You could do this if you are sure that the soap you are using is free of all chemicals that can be harmful to your black tank.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
Uh....this is a black tank not a septic tank. If you are on a septic system at home it is very important to maintain a balance in your SEPTIC system so that proper digestion can occur. In your trailer all that is needed is to take care of odors. Some use chemicals others use other methods. Breaking down waste is not a function of your black tank. Some soap getting into your black tank is not a problem.

No kidding. Dang, sometimes even the simplest things can get so tedious!

The dishwater tabs/packets in the amount used to help keep your black tank clean and build-up down, hardly present a danger of killing off beneficial microbes that digest the wastes in the septic system when dumped. Besides, this isn’t a task that needs to be repeated every single time you dump. I have never used sewer chemicals sold at RV stores in my black tank - never had an oder or problem where I needed to.

What I’d like to know however is, how many angles can fit on the point of a needle?
__________________

__________________
Bill & Kim
WBCCI 7005 * AIR 9218
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #30
E Pluribus Aluminus
 
Jaxon's Avatar
 
2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,214
Images: 10
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAirstream View Post
Also, I never put dishwasher packs or dish/hand soap from the sink transferred to the black tank because some soaps can kill bacteria and enzymes that are supposed to be in your black tank and are good for the system to break down the waste. You could do this if you are sure that the soap you are using is free of all chemicals that can be harmful to your black tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
Uh....this is a black tank not a septic tank. If you are on a septic system at home it is very important to maintain a balance in your SEPTIC system so that proper digestion can occur. In your trailer all that is needed is to take care of odors. Some use chemicals others use other methods. Breaking down waste is not a function of your black tank. Some soap getting into your black tank is not a problem.
No kidding. Dang, sometimes even the simplest things can get so tedious!

The dishwater tabs/packets in the amount used to help keep your black tank clean and build-up down, hardly present a danger of killing off beneficial microbes that digest the wastes in the septic system when dumped. Besides, this isn’t a task that needs to be repeated every single time you dump. I have never used sewer chemicals sold at RV stores in my black tank - never had an oder or problem where I needed to.

What I’d like to know however is, how many angles can fit on the point of a needle?
__________________

__________________
Bill & Kim
WBCCI 7005 * AIR 9218
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:50 PM   #31
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
Give me a break!
All right. Now unsubscribing and ignoring this thread, so that we don't have to put up with each other anymore. You win. Have fun storming the castle!
__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:54 PM   #32
Rivet Master
 
DaveFL's Avatar
 
2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,479
Images: 15
For those new to dumping: Never depend on a last minute use of dump station, unless you have previously inspected for operation, too many times I have seen inoperable dumps, no flush water, designed by a non engineer, missing hose, closed main valve somewhere, full or small sign saying out of order. Flush water is a nice plus and a few others are a downward slope to the drain with a rock large enough to hold open the cap, enough dry area to be able to stand close and monitor without getting wet feet
__________________
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #33
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,408
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
All right. Now unsubscribing and ignoring this thread, so that we don't have to put up with each other anymore. You win. Have fun storming the castle!
ah, don't take you ball and go home. We just need to agree to disagree. As I said in post #18, "... and I am not trying to be challenging or nasty, but this is much ado about nothing." I am truly sorry you took offense even after that statement.

This subject of pathogens is so unlikely that it is a moot point. I wash my bloodied hands at the sink in the AS or at home all the time. If I'm carrying pathogens, they're in the gray tank anyway. And the valves are hardly anti-septic. They get dowsed with each others fluids whenever the opposite one is open. Then you open the other one and they cross-contaminate.
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #34
Rivet Master
 
aftermath's Avatar
 
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
...

What I’d like to know however is, how many angles can fit on the point of a needle?
I think I can help you with this one. Since an "angle" is the space measured between two intersecting lines, usually in degrees, I would say there can be an infinite amount of them. Of course if the lines need to be there to actually form an angle then this might be limited. But it would be safe to say more than a dozen.

Of course if you are asking for how many "angels" can be there I would say an infinite amount of them. They are creatures of myth so anything goes here.
__________________
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:35 PM   #35
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,408
Images: 5
oh, oh.....myth?

...and I got myself in trouble for just sayin' my sh....tuff ain't bad for the environment.
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #36
Rivet Master
 
Msmoto's Avatar

 
2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,502
Images: 135
Science or ?

It is always fascinating to read the threads when the issues are cloudy at best. While there are significant differences in bacteria, animals vs. human, who would know what is on one's back water tank.

Interesting, a dog bite is not generally treated with antibiotics but a human bite is usually treated with antibiotics as the human mouth has pathogens which are not found in a dog's mouth. And, cats, nasty mouth stuff. Don't eat after your cat...the point is in waste, humans may have bugs which are more harmful to humans that other animal feces.

So, my thinking is to always attempt to err on the side of caution rather than create a potentially toxic situation, possibly causing harm to another person or animal.
__________________
Happy trails and Good Luck
Ms Tommie Fantine Lauer, Greensboro, NC
AIR #31871 WBAC #4165 K4MTL

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:59 PM   #37
"Space A" S/O Registry 11
 
2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 550
I can't resist a comment. Holding tanks are nothing but un-flushed toilets, even though the septic process has already begun. It all goes down the drain and sooner or later into the environment. The same as pit toilets and animal waste. I am greatly impressed that sewerage treatment plant do such a good job. However, they too, occasionally have goof ups into the environment. What impresses me most is that we can taker the solids from our treatment plants and put them on our farms and lawns for fertilizer without danger. Even though it is sterile, it still smells. Makes me wonder where the real truth is. Just like the notion the urine from a healthy person is sterile. I guess you have to say it all averages out over a life span. My immune system is better than yours.
__________________
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #38
RAH
3 Rivet Member
 
2013 30' Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 191
dishwater to the toilet

This thread has been lots of fun to read...
I overdid the "take kitchen sink water to the toilet" once in a rented motorhome, thinking I had to conserve room in the gray tank and that I had black tank room to spare. That may have been true for a while but on the 4th day, it was quite apparent that I had filled the black tank. Completely. To the brim. And it was smelly. All night. With the bed not far enough away from the toilet. I had no one but myself to blame. Neither did my spouse. It was 10 years ago. And still gets brought up every so often.
__________________
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:03 PM   #39
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,408
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
It is always fascinating to read the threads when the issues are cloudy at best. While there are significant differences in bacteria, animals vs. human, who would know what is on one's back water tank.

Interesting, a dog bite is not generally treated with antibiotics but a human bite is usually treated with antibiotics as the human mouth has pathogens which are not found in a dog's mouth. And, cats, nasty mouth stuff. Don't eat after your cat...the point is in waste, humans may have bugs which are more harmful to humans that other animal feces.

So, my thinking is to always attempt to err on the side of caution rather than create a potentially toxic situation, possibly causing harm to another person or animal.
I believe this to be eco-nazi hogwash as well. Humans and all the other animals evolved in the same place through the same epochs. We have listened to a generation of blabber mouths who want us to believe we are somehow undeserving to exist in the place we evolved. Do we have viruses that affect us differently than others animals? Sure. So do they.

We are no dirtier than any biological species on this planet.
__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:58 PM   #40
Rivet Master

 
1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,651
Blog Entries: 13
Well, actually, we have been so over treated with antibiotics and we have eaten so many portions of meat from animals grossly over treated with antibiotics, the we are big old Petri dishes chock full of bugs that really don t need to be in the environment.

I treat black and grey water with great respect as it is at best merely noxious and, at worst, potentially hazardous.

Mike
__________________
Old (usually dirty) Nissan Titan
Old (enhanced with "male pattern baldness") Sovereign
Young, lovely bride
Goofy dog, dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #41
E Pluribus Aluminus
 
Jaxon's Avatar
 
2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,214
Images: 10
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
I think I can help you with this one. Since an "angle" is the space measured between two intersecting lines, usually in degrees, I would say there can be an infinite amount of them. Of course if the lines need to be there to actually form an angle then this might be limited. But it would be safe to say more than a dozen.

Of course if you are asking for how many "angels" can be there I would say an infinite amount of them. They are creatures of myth so anything goes here.
Dang fingers, refusing to work with the brain again... this has become a not infrequent occurrence. Can’t even blame Richard Baxter...
__________________
Bill & Kim
WBCCI 7005 * AIR 9218
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #42
Rivet Master
 
dznf0g's Avatar

 
2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,408
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2916s View Post
Well, actually, we have been so over treated with antibiotics and we have eaten so many portions of meat from animals grossly over treated with antibiotics, the we are big old Petri dishes chock full of bugs that really don t need to be in the environment.

I treat black and grey water with great respect as it is at best merely noxious and, at worst, potentially hazardous.

Mike
Send your children and grandchildren OUTSIDE to play when they are naught but 1 year old. Let them play in dirt, and yes, even eat some. This builds antibodies. Video games in your hermetically sealed abode....not so much.

It's a dirty world....roll in it, and with it!
__________________

__________________
-Rich-

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blackwater dump station question daninnh Boondocking 11 05-09-2011 08:37 PM
Looking for a "wand thingy" to rinse the black tank. memgrove2000 Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 7 07-05-2009 10:37 PM
Black water rinse clogged! Resorts Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 5 02-15-2009 01:30 PM
Black Water Rinse Noise James Schmidt Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 16 05-19-2007 07:49 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.