Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Venice , California
dual waste valve assembly

i'm looking for a dual waste valve assembly that allows for a 1 1/2" gray dump valve and a 3" black dump valve. the picture below (on the right is exactly what i'm looking for). this is a valterra product sold by pplmotorhomes.

my question is does thetford make an assembly like this? i looked on their website and it doesn't appear they do. if i wanted to go with thetford, would i need to build this assembly?

what do they use on the newer airstreams? from what i've been reading the thetford valves are the best.

*by asking the above question,
i verify that i have already used
the search feature to the best of my ability...
urbanfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfood
i'm looking for a dual waste valve assembly that allows for a 1 1/2" gray dump valve and a 3" black dump valve. the picture below (on the right is exactly what i'm looking for). this is a valterra product sold by pplmotorhomes.

my question is does thetford make an assembly like this? i looked on their website and it doesn't appear they do. if i wanted to go with thetford, would i need to build this assembly?

what do they use on the newer airstreams? from what i've been reading the thetford valves are the best.
I agree that the Thetford valves are possibly of better quality for teh long haul. However, their outlets are not standard size, so an adapter is often needed to fit a standard swere hose to a Thetford outlet.
Valterra ist the industry standard rightnow, parts are available everywhere and for small $$. Most sewer hoses and adapters fit it fine, and so far, i have not had any trouble with my Valterra valves.
Valterra brand is also standard now on new Airstreams.