Old 10-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2005 28' Classic
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I still seldom use chemicals whjen at rallies and the like where the tanks will be in use for only a few days. For longer periods, I still use the "Potty Toddy Tabs" or some liquid. I buy whatever is on the shelves the cheapest at Wally Mart or Camping World.

John W. Irwin
2005 Classic 28 "Sabre-Dog III"
2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ
WBCCI #9632, TAC TX-10
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:00 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Thanks, 2air’, RIstream’n, Moosetags, Kevbo10, & Pahaska for your input here.

There may be a bucket full of "poop" threads that mention this subject…

But none are titled as succinctly as this thread and as easily spotted by the search engine.

And yet, because of its location here, this thread was active for only 2 hrs. & 2 min. before it quickly succumbed in the murky depths by other threads four years ago. It was "alive" hardly long enough to show an accurate picture of the use of holding tank chemicals by our community. Up until its resuscitation yesterday, the thread was showing that most did not use chemicals in their tanks. I have a hunch that the opposite is true.

So I thought it’s about time this question be put in the Community Polls format:

Please take a moment to take the poll and add your comments.

This question joins its companion question there, "Which Chemicals Do You Prefer?"

BTW… a correction to my post #10 on page 1 here: We bought Odorlos from Camping World.

Also, BTW, I did see on the shelves at our local trailer supply store several holding tank treatment products that contained Formaldehyde. And I was bewildered.

Hopefully now, with the help of the forums, it will be easier for newbies to make an intelligent decision on the use of chemicals in their tanks.

SilverGate is offline   Reply With Quote