Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2016, 07:03 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Orangeville , Ontario
Custom Grey Water Tank - Sensor Questions

Hi all, I recently had a custom tank made for the back of my 31' 1969 Sov. It was build by INCA (very well, I must say), and is an exact replica of the original black water tank (spin fitting have been re-designed though). I will be using the new tank strictly for grey water and installing a composting toilet instead of a black water tank. Now for the questions. INCA has installed three sensors (see attached pic). I have read countless suggestions for what monitoring system I should install, but can't seem to find any information (including information provided by INCA) about what sort of connectors to use. The sensors have threaded (female) connections, as you might see from the picture. Is there an electrical connector I'm not familiar with that would screw into these, or are they designed for a an actual screw with a loop style electrical connector? The second question is; Is there ANY way I can hook these up to the original (working) panel at the front of my rig. I haven't removed any of the original wiring, only the original probe. My original tank had one sensor, whereas this new tank has three. I figure there must be at least one of you who have seen/used this type of sensor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1089.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	260318  
Gdickison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:21 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1967 28' Ambassador
1964 19' Globetrotter
1960 24' Tradewind
Edgewood , Kentucky
It does just take a bolt with a wire connector that can Loop around the bolt when tightened. As far as the monitoring system you might have to update to a newer system to utilize the most out of the tank setup
Keeping the Art on the road, one project at a time
ArtisanAir is offline   Reply With Quote