Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Silver Cliff , Colorado
Caravel Holding tank

Is there an avilability of holding tanks which can be installed to a 65 Caravel? Or has anyone made one for such an application.
D Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bishop
Is there an avilability of holding tanks which can be installed to a 65 Caravel? Or has anyone made one for such an application.

We have them.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #3

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
C Johnson had a larger one custom made that extended into the wasted space at the floor of the closet. It's in his thread about his Caravel restoration.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Andys got 'em

I just got one of his tanks...after many other trys. I was trying to cut the cost. It was not worth the effort. His are expensive, but, they fit and are solid quality items.

You do not, repeat, do not have to disassemble the closets, etc., to get the tank in/out. See my other posts on the subject.

Reminds me of the time, as an Air Force Pilot, I was sent to Navy Jacksonville to demo an airplane. I was greatly impressed with the moral an Esprit de Corps those Navy guys had. Each ship had its own personalized bragging signage and bumper stickers on the the cars of all sailors, of those particular ships, showing the ships name and its individual slogan. One, in particular, got my attention and all the Navy personnel got a grin at my questioning it. I recognized most ship names but was lost with the bumper sticker:

"BOHICA...........our screws never stop turning"

Navy humor at my USAF expense......BOHICA.....Bend over, here it comes again.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel