Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Black Water Tank Flush Problem

I've been flushing my black water tank successfully for years. I drain the black contents, then fill with fresh water, then drain again.

Today when I tried to pump fresh water into the black water tank, it would not flow.

Could it be the check valve?

I have a 2005, 28' Intl. CCD.
Bilo Hak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
could it be frozen?

Fully retired now!
Remember:
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
What method are you using to get fresh water back into the black tank, A tank rinsing system, Flush King, or through the toilet bowl?

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Managing one's "Ecology"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilo Hak View Post
I've been flushing my black water tank successfully for years. I drain the black contents, then fill with fresh water, then drain again.

Today when I tried to pump fresh water into the black water tank, it would not flow.

Hi, I have a 2006, and the flushing nozzle can get clogged with - uh stuff. Yeah, stuff. So.... your choices are, (1) fill the tank 3/4 full through the toilet, hitch the Airstream and rock back and forth until the wave action gets a chance to work it's way through the flush nozzle - oh and don't put the cover on the flush hose inlet - so that there won't be any back pressure to prevent water from circulating through the head of the nozzle. Drain the tank and repeat until the water exiting the tank is clear. (2) make a solution of enzymes designed to clear a septic tank and pour them into the black tank via the flush input - let it sit overnight and hope it dissolves any - uh stuff - that might have clogged the nozzle. (3) pull the nozzle and clean or replace... or chicken out and take it to a qualified repair shop. I'm sure they would appreciate it if you cleaned the tank thoroughly and deoderized it with something like a quart of clorox added to the last rinse!

Good Luck, Paula
Old 02-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilo Hak View Post

Mine died after three months. Even when I had my black tank replaced we did not bother to clean it. It is worthless. I use a flush king followed by several gallons of water and a bag of ice before I hit the road. This scrubs the tank and leave nothing to get stuck in the drain valve.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote