Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 11:19 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2009 16' DWR
Concord , California
Black water in the toilet

Hello!

I recently finished up a trip and as usual, I dumped my black water and flushed the black water tank several times until clear water showed in the clear connection to the sewage. I then dropped one of those deodorizer pods and flushed about a half gallon of water into the tank and made sure there was clear water in the toilet bowl before driving down the road. When I drove to my next destination, I found some black water back in the toilet, which I just flushed into the black water tank.

Any ideas as to why or how the black water would end up in the toilet? And suggested remedies?

I have a Dometic Model SC 210, which,before going on my trip, I replaced the seal with an OEM seal because it wouldn't hold water in the bowl. The installation went well. A week before my trip, I made sure the seal would hold water in the bowl, and there was no problem.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Funster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:05 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
How do you know it was black water in the toilet, after you made sure that the black water tank was very clean? Any chance you left the water pump on as you drove, and the liquid in the toilet was actually fresh water due to a leaky spray nozzle and/or toilet flush valve?

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2009 16' DWR
Concord , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
How do you know it was black water in the toilet, after you made sure that the black water tank was very clean? Any chance you left the water pump on as you drove, and the liquid in the toilet was actually fresh water due to a leaky spray nozzle and/or toilet flush valve?

Thanks for the reply, OTRA 15. Well, to put it mildly - the water was "brown" ;-) . Since my AS is a 16' Bambi, I only have a single tank for both grey and black water. As for the water pump being left on, the water pump wasn't used since I had a full hookup at my last site.

Perhaps I'll video it with my GoPro on while I drive down the road. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Funster is offline   Reply With Quote