Old 06-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #15
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Welcome back! I had hoped to see you when I was supposed to go to 4CU Rally. The trip got cancelled to have Gall Bladder surgery. Gall Bladder surgery got cancelled to attend my Fathers Funeral.

Back to your problems.
The toilet seal to the flange may have dried out. Your vacuum relief valve for your sink may have failed. If you have an O-ring in the toilet it may have a cut or shunk.
Glad you have a new SO as well.
Happy Camping.

Michelle TAC MT-0
Sarah, Snowball

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #16
Certainly Blessed
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
We just had this problem...two days ago. It smelled so bad I almost passed out in the bathroom or threw up.

After doing some online research, we dumped the tank containing the chemical helpers. Flushed it twice with water. Filled it 1/4 with water and dumped half a box of baking soda. Let it sit over night and the smell has almost completely gone.

We quit using our vent fan which seemed to create more of a problem. We also quit using the toilet additives.

We plan on putting more baking soda and 1/2 tank of water when we move this week. Hoping it will slosh around and help clean out the tank some more.

Not sure if this will be a "permanent fix" or not, but it is working so far.

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Tuttle , Oklahoma
Did you ever get the problem resolved? I'm having the same issue - odor is strongest in the closet and under the sink. I've cleaned, checked the vent, the seals on the pipe, the toilet tank, etc. etc.
M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
Phoenix , Arizona
M. Smith,

See links below for more current discussion threads on this subject:

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote