Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Black tank flush clogged???

Greetings,

I went to clean out my BT using the No Fuss tank rinser installed on our 04 CCD Bambi but when I turned on the water, there was no water entering the tank. Normally I hear the sound of the spray action, but something seems to be clogged somewhere between the outside connection and the tank. In the back of the vanity cabinet, I can see where the flush system enters the trailer

What kind of nightmare am I looking at to get this to work again? If it involves removing any metal underneath the trailer, I'll just resort to using a few 5 gallon jugs to rinse through the toilet.

I always wondered what kept this from getting clogged with something sooner or later.

I couldn't find the company's web site.

Thanks.

Jonathan
Old 07-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylev View Post
Greetings,

I went to clean out my BT using the No Fuss tank rinser installed on our 04 CCD Bambi but when I turned on the water, there was no water entering the tank. Normally I hear the sound of the spray action, but something seems to be clogged somewhere between the outside connection and the tank. In the back of the vanity cabinet, I can see where the flush system enters the trailer

What kind of nightmare am I looking at to get this to work again? If it involves removing any metal underneath the trailer, I'll just resort to using a few 5 gallon jugs to rinse through the toilet.

I always wondered what kept this from getting clogged with something sooner or later.

I couldn't find the company's web site.

Thanks.

Jonathan
Jonathan,
Its clogged with TP and poo. My built in flushing device quit working after three months. I bought a flush king. I have been using it since. It works works well.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
Thanks Michelle.

I'll give it one more try and then look into a flush king or hydro flush.

Damn doodies.......

Jonathaan
Old 07-25-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Middletown , Ohio
When I had a GMC front-wheel drive motorhome I read something about cleaning out a black water tank. They had a message board that was really active and passed around alot of information. They said the best way to clean out the old TP and "poo" was to dump a bunch of icecubes down the toilet and the drive it aqround for a while. The cubes were supposed to scrub out the tank while they were solid and then you could drain them after they melted. Have you ever heard of that one?

David & Peggy Shipley
Middletown, OH
2000 Landyacht XC
dhshipley@cinci.rr.com
dhshipley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I would try putting a male quick connect hose fitting on the tank rinse inlet. I would then put some (60 psi) air to it from a compressor with one of those cone shaped rubber fittings on the end of the hose like is used to inflate an exercise ball.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #6

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
As Brian noted, I have a screw in plug that I use to connect to the city water inlet. It connects to a compressor which is how I blow out the water lines when I winterize. I bet you if you pick up one of those and connect the compressor to it, you will blow out the blockage.

We just used the clean out today before departing for home. So far mine still works fine.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
I second Jack's comment. The flush device on my 2000 Excella continues to work just fine. On the other hand, the sensors have not worked well this season and the tank reads 3/4 full almost continuously. I've stopped worrying about it too much as a simple visual check with the toilet valve held open provides more than enough information! The grey water tank sensors have also been acting up - but what's new? When we don't have full hookups I keep the grey water hooked up to the portable blue tank with the valve open. We seldom need to dump the black water tank before moving on. About the only sensors that continue to work well are those on the fresh water tank.

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote