Old 10-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Mantua , Ohio
Black Tank

After having the black tank out of my 61 Ambassador and seeing the size of the exit hole and the basically flat bottom of the tank, I just don't think it's worth using this type of setup.
I am changing the back piece of plywood anyways, so I am adding this type of black water tank. It just seems like a MUCH better setup.
So, my factory tank and brass valve are for sale! Tank is perfect, valve leaks.
Here is the style of tank I want to go with. I could go larger, as I have the space for it under the closet towards the front (Curb side setup). It would also push the valve towards the back further, making it easier for Streetside dumps. I'd put it just behind the last frame support going out the Curbside off the main rail on that side.
Hooking up the gray lines would almost be easier and re-connecting in the same spot.
Opinions? I need this detail decided fairly quickly. I'll need the tank next week if I can stay on schedule.
Holding Tank Center End Drain HT707ED - Tank & 3" Spigot Installed - Icon Technologies 00814 - Holding Tanks - Camping World

Studioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:18 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
Tank looks good as long as it fits. The bigger the better as long as you don't try towing with a full tank. Some route at least the bathroom sink into the black for more liquid. This also gives you the use of the sink to wash hands, etc at a reststop on the way. Jim

avionstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Just make sure you support it. I bought hurricane strap in a 20 foot roll, then bent flanges. Then, drill through the floor above with elevator bolts. You could also use seatbelt webbing and some kind of buckle that once you tighten, you crimp with heat or sew a stop into. I did all the elevator bolts recessed with epoxy so that they were flush when I put my new floor in, and they wouldn't back out or turn if I had to losen the straps in the future.

robwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member
Mantua , Ohio
Good idea on the bathroom sink to the black tank. Simple too. I very well might do something like that. maybe one step further with valves even.
Studioman is offline   Reply With Quote