Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
newberry , Florida
Black and gray tank for 1976 Airstream rear bath

Does any one know if a black water tank for a 1974-75 will fit for a 1976. I see that Andy at inland rv has a tank that fits the 1974-1975 and was hoping that I could use it on my 1976. I know that I might have to cut a couple holes in the tank for the sensor and vent pipe which is okay. The Airstream I bought did not have either tank in it which should make a little easier to work around and I have removed the belly pan from bumper to axles. Any help would be greatly welcome. Thanks ok stan
ok stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by ok stan View Post
Does any one know if a black water tank for a 1974-75 will fit for a 1976. I see that Andy at inland rv has a tank that fits the 1974-1975 and was hoping that I could use it on my 1976. I know that I might have to cut a couple holes in the tank for the sensor and vent pipe which is okay. The Airstream I bought did not have either tank in it which should make a little easier to work around and I have removed the belly pan from bumper to axles. Any help would be greatly welcome. Thanks ok stan
Starting in 1976, Airstream increased the size of the tanks, as well as how and where they mounted, where the valves were, as well as where the vents went. While close, they aren't the same.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
newberry , Florida
Waste Tanks

Hi Terry, thank you for letting me know that 1974-75 tanks will not fit. I see that you are part of Out the Door Airstream parts, would they might have the tanks or direct me in the right way. Thank you again for your help. Stan
ok stan is offline   Reply With Quote