Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Courtland , Ontario
An Icky Job

Just completed repairing the black water flush system in the tank in my 2008 Classic 31 ft. Not for the faint of smell. First completely empty the tank, then put one of the trailer wheels on a solid block at least 12 inches high. You must have the trailer secured in this position. I left the truck attached with the brake set as an added precaution.
You will need to obtain copper rings, cutter, small amount of tubing and crimping tool.
Now completely remove the belly pan.
You will see the valve near the drain, it has 3 screws that must be removed and then peel off the valve, as this is the silicone that seals it.
I cut the pipe and removed the sprayer as it was easier to work on. After the valve is removed unthread it from the pipe and then you must dig out the "you know what." Clean thorouhly and then reinstall in reverse order of removal.
Check for leaks and reinstall belly pan.
marchhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
When you say belly pan are you talking about the aluminum cover with the straps that support the tank?

Can both waste tanks and water tank covers be removed and allow the tanks to be suspended for access? Are the tanks supported somehow to allow the external covers to be installed so the straps can support the weight when they are full?

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:06 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Courtland , Ontario
The belly pan is the cover which contains the insulation covers the grey and black water tanks. They are suspended by their plumping so both tanks should be empty, and are the protection from the road as well by this cover.
It is held up on mine with bolts.
One large cover was all that was on this unit but yours maybe different.
marchhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Are we sure we need a black water flush system? That's one feature I might not think it is worth the labor to repair. My 86 Limited doesn't have one and I seem to get along okay. I like to tow with about 1/4 full in the black tank. A lot of sloshing around seems to help it drain clean.

I had an old Cadillac once. The fancy options kept quitting on my, like the air leveling system, the power antenna, and the passenger side power seat. I just left them behind as I couldn't afford to fix them, and I didn't need them.

Good job executing this repair. I've replaced my dump valves and had to drop the "tank cover" as I call it. It's a lot of work. And thanks for the good description of how this spray system works.

David
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:08 PM   #5
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
I put i e cubes in for a good slosh around.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote