Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
Newbie with 62' Tradewind

1962 24' Tradewind
Punta Gorda , Florida
Adding tank in 1962 Tradewind

I have just recently bought my first trailer ever, which happens to be a 1962 Tradewind in very good condition. I am going to be changing some things to fit my lifestyle however. I was wondering how hard it would be to make it so that I have both black and grey water tanks instead of staying with the single combined (needed because I will most likely live in it for 3 months straight every year).

Any suggestions will be very helpful.
kipperdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Colorado Springs , CO
Welcome!

Nice to see another '62 tradewind. You'll find all you need here in the forums.

Some friendly rules:

1. Post Pictures. Everyone wants to see what you bought and what your going to do with it.
2. Post your trailer's information from the plates next to the door. It identifies your layout and someone here (sorry, I forgot who) is tracking that info. It's cool because you can see whose trailer was in the factory when yours was.
3. Use the search function like a fiend. Sometimes you find exactly what your looking for right off, sometimes it takes a lot of time.

As far as the tanks.... I'm not there yet, but plenty have done it, they'll respond.

Again, welcome!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Cool, another vintage Tradewind

Welcome kipperdavid, and good luck with your Tradewind. These vintage Tradewinds are great. About your tanks, I haven't added gray, but I know others have. There are several considerations such as space constraints, location for balanced weight, etc. Like 2333 said, do a search within the Plumbing Systems and Fixtures forum and I think you will find some information.

Tags