Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #1

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Mt. Vernon , Ohio
78 argosy minuet, black water discharge valve replacement

My minuet balck water discharge valve suffered freeze damage making it necessary to replace it. It appears it will be necessary to remove the black water tank to effect this repair. It appears to me this will require removing the stool and vanity in the bathroom. Has anyone done this job and can you give me so idea of the steps involved?

Chuck
argosy Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
You may want to get at this from the underside - dropping the belly pan.

We also replaced lines in a smaller minuet and the valve you may want to PM Janet's Husband for the gory details. Also check out this pic of the completed plumbing before the bottom was buttoned up. http://www.airforums.com/photos/show...?i=9603&c=3188

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Welcome fellow Ohioan!

Hi Chuck! Welcome to the forums. We have an Argosy Minuet 6.7 metre. Larry has replaced both gray and black tank valves in ours. Are there access holes cut into your belly pan? This would indicate that the valves have been done before. If more than the valves are damaged, then dropping the pan is probably the best way to access them and the plumbing, as well as the black tank. Removal of an entire bath to get at the top would be more work than dropping the pan.
Hope you can get the trailer on the road and camp with the Ohio Airstreamers. We usually post on this thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...tml#post690155This weekend we are at Mohican SP, which isn't too far from you. You are welcome to camp or visit. We will be arriving there on Fri. afternoon.
Hope to see you down the road. You can PM Larry if you have any questions.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by argosy Chuck View Post
My minuet balck water discharge valve suffered freeze damage making it necessary to replace it. It appears it will be necessary to remove the black water tank to effect this repair. It appears to me this will require removing the stool and vanity in the bathroom. Has anyone done this job and can you give me so idea of the steps involved?

Chuck
Chuck you don't need to pull the tank to replace or repair the dump valve.
Don't do it, way, way too much work.
Drop the rear part of the belly pan. I cut across the pan at the height break in the pan, about 4' from the rear.
This gives lots of room to work either the black or grey valves.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #5

Mt. Vernon , Ohio
Gary, Thank you for this information. When you made your repairs, did you have to disconnect both the grey water line / valve and the black water line and valve as well ? It looked to me that I was going to have difficulty getting clearance to remove the black water valve from the piping. I'm believe the original valve is no longer available so will have to adapt to install the replacement. Am I wrong on this point? Can you tell me where you purchased you replacement valve, whether it was an original or some other type? Any further information will be much appreciated. I hope you ahd a nice weekend. Thanks again, Chuck
Old 05-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #6

Mt. Vernon , Ohio
Janet & Husband, Thank you for this information. Your replacing both valves helps me understand how to get enough clearance to be able to remove the damaged valve and install the replacement valve. Looking at the picture provided, the valves look very much like my original valves. Previously I was told the original valve is no longer available. Can you tell me where you purchased you replacement valve, whether it was an original or some other type? Any further information will be much appreciated. I hope you had a nice weekend. Thanks again, Chuck