Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
78 Argosy center bath wast tank removal help

please!!
I have a leak somewhere in the dump system but not sure where yet.
I put a jack under the cover with a plank of wood to brace whilst I removed all the bolts holding it in place.
Then I realised the outlet prevents the cover from being fully removed because it is routed through a hole in the end, road side of the cover.
Now I am not sure what to do, I cannot see where to disconnect the outlet pipe. There is a collar on the outlet that is just "there" and not really snugged up to anything.
If I do drop the cover, what holds the tank in place?
How I drop the cover when there appears to be no clearance for it to drop to the ground?
I will try to get a couple of pics to help explain what I am trying to do but in the meantime any advice would be appreciated.
On a positive note, I replaced my plumbing today with no leaks! Thats how I found the waste system leak.

Bex

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote