Old 04-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
California , Kentucky
well I answered my own query. The old thetford was not glued to the wye but was a pressure fitting with an o-ring. It popped out after a little slicing with a dremmel . Go figure. now on to the gray water line that was glued.If anyone wants pictures e-mail oyoriver@fuse.net

Old 04-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
California , Kentucky
I cut the old valve off with a dremmel and as I was prying it came loose. It was installed with a rubber gasket and the metal clamps held it to the wye. On to the gray water glued fitting............ go figure

Old 04-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
East Bernard , Texas
Not sure about what to tell you abou the leak repair but I'm sure you can refiberglass or whatever. In this thread earlier Mr. Andy was telling me that the square flange that the valve mounts to with the 4 screws was mouted with a clamp or something but I've looked mine over from the outside and you can see by looking down from inside the toilet it looks to be fiberglassed to the tank........But yes if you have the original collector they no longer make that type which is the o'ring type below the valve and Inland RV sells a aftermarket collector which is the glue on but you have to have that type of valve because they make both. Does your valve screw on or glued on to the collector? They have a tool that you can bore the old pipe out but forgot what it is called but I'm sure you can come up with something. I'm about to make another thread in this section to show what I had to do to my collector that I had to modify cause previous owner cut off the drain cap stub. Tell me if yours looks like mine.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
East Bernard , Texas
ooops........didn't see your previous threads where you answered your own questions before I replied......sorry

Sounds like your doing the same repair I'm doing. On the gray water side I just cut the pipe in half and bought a $4 2" rubber coupling at Lowe's to attach the 2 pipes back together.

Tags
caravel