Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
portland , Oregon
57 Flying Cloud toilet question

hello-
i am planning the restoration/refurbishment of a soon to be mine flying cloud. its an "L" shaped twin with a street side bath. mostly original. i hope to keep the original floor plan but update the hidden systems. my style of camping is mostly forest service dry camping.

currently it has a replacement rv toilet of some kind and does not have a black water tank. the floor needs to be replaced and we will be adding a new freshwater tank and likely grey water tank.

wondering if i should forgo the black water installation and not replace the toilet but instead go with a composting toilet , "natures head"? has anyone decided to go this route? i was not thinking of removing the black water pipe- just leaving it. that way if i ever sell ( hope not for many years) if someone wanted to have a toilet installed they could.

input and advice welcome.
chris
cbcnm is offline   Reply With Quote