Old 10-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2005 25' Safari
Ruther Glen , Virginia
2005 25ss black water sensor???

replace or repair ??????
my black water sensor will read full after about 2 flushes of the tolet, with water only... can see that its not full and after useing for several days and draining tank it reads empty...two flushes of plan water to add a little to tha tank after draing and it reads full again.
Is the sensor bad or do some wires need cleaning or what ???

HeadnOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
2005 25' Safari
Roseville , California
These sensors aren't very reliable, but they can be recalibrated, and calibration may be your problem. You can find a manual, including calibration instructions, at:

I attended a seminar at the Salon WBCCI International and one of my notes to myself, for what that is worth, sez: "Sensors can dry out, especially problem in black tank (debris) but usually enough liquid left in tanks after dump it won't likely dry out." You can get cleaners to put in your tank, and/or you can try the ice-cube trick - put a lot of ice in your tank, drive around so it sloshes good, drain. But my guess is you need to recalibrate.

My black isn't too bad but my gray tank tends to go from Green to Red with little time at Yellow; in fact, Red seems to be simultaneous with gray water backing up in the shower .

p.s. - I just noticed the above manual sez the unit is warranted for 5 years, so check that out before paying for any replace/repair on your own.

2005 25' Safari SS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Turbodiesel
WBCCI #3580 - Region 12 NorCal
AIR #8752
Roseville, CA
cammur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
2005 25' International CCD
Everywhere , North America
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
to calibrate or not to calibrate

Too funny! Our black tank sensor reads empty until the tank is full. Then the sensor might read 1/8 or 1/4. I guess we'll consider calibrating. Or just not relying on it. Nineteen gallons of crap isn't so difficult to keep track of. Hope your calibration works. Let us know how it works out?
Jim N5RTG & Deb N4RTG
WBCCI #4822 - SKP #094415
find us here
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote