Old 09-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
1978 31' Excella 500
Kelowna , British Columbia
Ok. So as you can tell from my last pics i had a leak by the water pump, so I got a good look at ALL of the plumbing. I guess you cant just replace 'some'of the plumbing. I think i got it all right in the last post. I am now replacing the old black hose by the water pump and repositioning the pump so it is not as crammed in there. It's a pretty tight fit. The flare fitting must me some sort of drain, since it is cooper into a plastic hose and then goes down through the floor. For me it will just be an extra piece that does nothing. Thanks for all your replies. Love the forum. Now to finish skirting!

Old 09-27-2015, 12:42 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1977 31' Excella 500
West Sacramento , California
Next time I go to my storage building when're my trailer is I will pull the shop manual and see exactly what the original plumbing was. Do use that 50' hose though. I've put some quick disconnect fittings on them and it makes setting up at the campsite a breeze. Water and electrical set up in 2 minutes. A lot better than getting on hands and knees trying to screw in the hose to the hard plumbed fitting under the trailer.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:41 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Northeastern , Kentucky
1978 Excella 500 31' freshwater system - what are these two things?

That is a neat idea with that hose reel. Does the reel itself fasten under the rear bed?

As far as the electrical on a reel, is there any concern with heat generated if the cord isn't completely unreeled? I've heard of cases of extension cords melting due to being plugged in, but left partially reeled up. That is, the section of cord reeled up got hot enough to where it became a hazard.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1977 31' Excella 500
West Sacramento , California
I've never had an electrical problem with the reel. The only heat problems I've had is at the plug from low voltage. I use a ceramic plug instead of a plastic one. The cord exits the reel and goes into a junction box where it connects to the hard wiring. The reels should be under your rear bed or maybe a closet. Not sure of rear bedroom configuration.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:49 AM   #19
1977 31' Excella 500

1977 31' Excella 500
Dallas , Texas
It sounds like the city supply will run independent of the coach water supply tank, and the coach water pump. When you are not docked, you will run the pump and pull from the coach water tank, but should close the city supply line so you are not pressurizing the city water inlet and maybe pumping tank water out the pressurize the unused city supply plumbing. It may leak.