Old 04-18-2002, 12:41 PM   #1
John

waterhose quick disconnects

I found in Lowe's this morning waterhose quick disconnects. I have a problem with getting a tight seal by hand and these really make connecting and disconnecting a breeze. I also put on on my black water tank flush inlet.
Also we have many ants in FL and I found that spraying Rid-a-Bug on all points that touch the ground from the TT, really helps to prevent them from getting in.
Take Care,
John
Old 04-18-2002, 04:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
We have used the quick disconnects for years.

(Makes me sound old, huh? I'm only in my mid-thirties, but we've been in WBCCI 10 years. We full-timed for two of those years...that's a whole other story.)

In my experience the brass disconnects are worth the extra $$$. The plastic ones become brittle and difficult to use, and then finally break. The FL sun will just make it happen that much faster.

May I make a suggestion? Please paint a hideous color on the disconnect you have put on your black water tank flush inlet. So many parasites and diseases can and will be spread by contaminating your fresh water with any item contacting black water. We don't even store our black water equipment in with any other equipment, especially not fresh water equipment.

I am speaking from experience. I drank water contaminated with Cryptosporidium from human waste. Take my advice...don't go there. It took YEARS to fully recover.

Old 04-18-2002, 06:43 PM   #3
John

Edie,

Thanks for the heads up on the black water flush connection. I didn't think about the funk traveling back through that line and I'd hate to go through what you did.
I did buy the brass fittings and I too storage all black items in their own container.
I started fulltiming in Feb and joined WBCCI but felt that maybe I was too young? I'm 43. You have been a member for the last ten yrs, so you were about 25 went you first joined. How is it ? Please share your insights!
Tks,
John

P.S. I hope that I didn't offend anyone!
Old 04-19-2002, 07:58 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
We LOVE WBCCI. We considered purchasing a GMC MH, but chose an Argosy instead so we wouldn't have to give up WBCCI and all the wonderful people we've met.

Others in our Unit had grandchildren older than us when we joined. We were ALWAYS treated as adults and given tremendous respect. It is such a fun and lively group.

Ultimately, you get as much out of it as you put into it. That seems to be true of everything in life.

Any specific questions?