Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 06:28 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
ToddK79's Avatar
1974 Argosy 24
Springdale , Arkansas
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 7
Water valve of some type?

Can anyone tell me what this is? I bought a 74 Argosy and the man o bought it from said he had no idea what it was, he assumed it was for hooking directly to water at a site. That is kind of what it looks like to me too, but I can't seem to get any of the fittings loose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411475276205.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	222617   Click image for larger version

Name:	1411475297720.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	222618  


ToddK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Minno's Avatar

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,157
Yes, that's the city water connection. Used to connect pressurized water to the trailer. Yours has a couple of extras on it - a small ball valve for one. The white thing on the end is used to blow the water lines with compressed air when winterizing the trailer.

The ball valve may be there because there isn't a check valve installed, or the check valve went bad.

If you can't get the fittings off, you may need to replace the city water connection. You can buy a new one with an integral check valve pretty cheap.


Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,592
Chris has the answer for you.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member
ToddK79's Avatar
1974 Argosy 24
Springdale , Arkansas
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 7
Awesome, thanks!
ToddK79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Type 3 Glass Bar in a Type 2 Hinge rasmuw Windows & Screens 0 12-09-2013 10:18 PM
Some progress and Some Questions SCopp 1973 Overlander 3 02-03-2013 07:25 AM
Some call it a hobby, some, an addiction balrgn 1974 Overlander 45 08-18-2008 07:32 PM
What Type of Restoration is Your Type? ankornuta General Repair Forum 16 11-21-2005 04:13 PM
Tow bar receiver type or ball type? Astrodokk Airstream Motorhome Forums 2 06-09-2004 07:20 PM

Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.