Old 04-14-2016, 07:15 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2007 20' Safari SE
Wake Forest , North Carolina
Water tank leak

Hello - my first post. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. I have very little experience with RV's. I have owned a 2007 Safari trailer for about 6 years with intention of camping through each summer and getting good use out of it (of course) but I have hardly used it due to some health issues.
It did not get used the last 2 summers and I got it from storage yesterday and gave it a good clean- it looks brand new. I checked out the electrics which work fine but even though I drained the water system before the winter, when I hooked up the main water supply yesterday, there is a leak somewhere. I say somewhere because getting to the tank In this model is not easy and all I can see is water splitting through the bottom of the unit and there is some around the bottom of the tank. It also came out through the water heater in the side of the unit.
I have no experience whatsoever with things like this but if I could at least understand where the leak might be I would attempt a repair perhaps. The tank is in the seat and access to it is really restricted.
I was thinking of getting maybe a couple of trips out of it and perhaps selling it so this is a bit disappointing right now.....
Does anyone have any advice for me.... ? ....Thanks again...
hfc7713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules