Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Sacramento , California
Water seeping under cabinet near refrigerator

I have a 2009 27FB Classic and a small amount of water keeps seeping from under cabinet next to refrigerator. I checked the refrigerator condensation drain and it seems to be working. I can't find any plumbing leaks although water does drip under the trailer from the water connection box. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Phoebe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
Can you give more details? For example: do you live in it full time, does it leak when it rains only, are you using water from you water tank or from an external hose, what plumbing is in the area of the water leak? Etc.....

I am sure this can be figured out with enough heads working on it.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
you running the airconditioner?
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Disconnect from city water, have water in the fresh water tank and turn on the pump. Don't use any of the sinks or shower overnight (go to bed with the pump on) and see if it cycles on. If so then there may be a leak in a connection behind the wall or cabinets.

AC running is a good one. Does the drain line for the AC drip from the wheel well when on?
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
On my '08 27FB, the floor of the closet can be lifted out after removing several screws. Doing so will give you access to the backside of the water fill, water pump, several of the hand tightened water connections and a visual of what might be going on under the fridge. You can also see under the shower and the area that opens into the water connection box you mentioned to maybe determine if the source of the dripping water is above the floor or down in that box.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #6
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Welcome Aboard....

Silvia,

A photo would help a lot.

The place where the water is showing up may not be anywhere near the source.

Our leak showed outside behind the streetside rear wheel, 5 feet from the source. Cracked cross-threaded fitting under bathroom sink.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water leak 002.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	149484  
Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #7

2010 16' Sport
Chico , California
I have had a similar problem with my 2010 Sport. Mine has occurred while in storage after rains. Dealer in Los Banos has tried to repair by fashioning a metal dam and recaulking behind the refer but water has again entered the passenger area from under the refer after the recent rains. Another trip to Los Banos Tuesday to drop it off.
ChicoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Kiln , Mississippi
Check your stove vent - they cut my openning in the aluminum too large - there was barely a 1/8" of overlap.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Classic
Sacramento , California
Smile Water Seeping Under Cabinet - '09 27' Classic

Found it! One hose connection to the water pump was slightly loose. I tightened the hose connection and no more leak. I had already looked at the water pump connections but this time I placed my fingers on the underside of the connection and it was wet. Thanks to everyone who responded, I am very grateful for the response I received to my problem. This is a great community. Dave
Phoebe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia73 View Post
Found it! One hose connection to the water pump was slightly loose. I tightened the hose connection and no more leak. I had already looked at the water pump connections but this time I placed my fingers on the underside of the connection and it was wet. Thanks to everyone who responded, I am very grateful for the response I received to my problem. This is a great community. Dave

Good news. I am glad you figured it out.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia73 View Post

Yeaaaaaa!!!!!!!