Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
SW , Missouri
The one I have is the brass 40055.

Item
Kyle401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I will have to get one of those and test it.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #43
3 Rivet Member

Dunwoody , Georgia
I am reading this thread trying to figure out if my Regulator has gone bad. I winterized system last month before a hard freeze that lasted a week. I drained the lines pretty well, but did not drain metal Watts (original factory installed) regulator.

When we went camping this weekend, I filled my fresh water tank and when I turned on the pump, water shot out the side of the trailer where city water hooks up (relief valve I guess). I then hooked up city water to that pipe and used it and the water system worked fine. I forgot to recheck the valve before leaving campsite to see if valve was still stuck open.

Could a hard freeze have ruined the valve, or do they sometime just randomly get stuck?

Thanks

Rick
mtbguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #44
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbguy View Post
I am reading this thread trying to figure out if my Regulator has gone bad. I winterized system last month before a hard freeze that lasted a week. I drained the lines pretty well, but did not drain metal Watts (original factory installed) regulator.

When we went camping this weekend, I filled my fresh water tank and when I turned on the pump, water shot out the side of the trailer where city water hooks up (relief valve I guess). I then hooked up city water to that pipe and used it and the water system worked fine. I forgot to recheck the valve before leaving campsite to see if valve was still stuck open.

Could a hard freeze have ruined the valve, or do they sometime just randomly get stuck?

Thanks

Rick
Not the regulator. The check valve, which is supposed to prevent backflow, isn't preventing backflow anymore.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #45

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbguy View Post

Thanks

Rick
For a quick fix, if your checkvalve is still sticking open, you can put garden-hose style valve like this Orbit one or this Dramm one. I use one like the Orbit one (from Lowe's or Home Depot) when I discovered the same problem with my '75 Argosy after I fixed a leak in the tank and pressurized the system with the pump the first time instead of hooking up to city water.

It's not automatic, but it's been working for me for 2 years so far.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:06 AM   #46
3 Rivet Member

Dunwoody , Georgia
I found an extra check valve in a box of random parts previous owner gave me. Will install it, (there is not one in system). Previous owners removed some of the copper pipes, I replaced all with PEX so it looks like I need that valve in place.

I also will use the part that DKB SATX recommends for now. Thanks guys!
mtbguy is offline   Reply With Quote