Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #1

1972 31' Sovereign
Branchburg , New Jersey
Water leaking when connecting city water- mystery hose nozzle

First of all, thank you to all for your helpful posts. I purchased a 72 Sovereign and I am in love with this thing! I have never even seen one up close until two months ago. I went from being terrified to touch anything to completely talking it apart inside to resolve the leaks. Scary yes, hard work yes, but I've never been so happy blowing my hard earned money on anything else before. Your posts are saving me.
Here is one that I can't figure out. There is a mystery hose n the back of the AS on the right of the waste water outlet. When I connect the city water supply it doesn't stop running almost as if it's some kind of overflow or perhaps a drain to an internal chamber of the AS with a leak. The faucet work as long as I keep the city water connected but so does that spout in the back and with time it turns into a muddy mess. Here is the picture. If someone could tell me where this is going it would be a great help. I have a theory that the flow could be from a broken water pressure regulator but I am stumped. The rubber spout is on the right in the picture. The one on the left releases water when I reach inside and open one of the valves on the left hand side in the service door above.

Sink water also just spills outside when I use the sink. I don't know if it should be caught in some gray water waste tank or something.

I have the original user's manual but it does not get too specific and I don't know if this baby has been modified inside.

Thank you in advanced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150628_140949.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	241924   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150628_140945.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	241925  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150628_141016.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	447.3 KB
ID:	241926  
Romelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:01 PM   #2

1972 27' Overlander
Plant City , Florida
this my be the pressure relief valve and that it is stuck open? mounted just below the pressure regulator in the trunk....I recognize the plastic tube from this weekends remodel activities
mgehloff is offline   Reply With Quote